Send messages to HA

Hi guys,

I’m trying to do something like this.

I’d like to send a message to HA from WhatsApp, Pushbullet, any other (Pushbullet preferable) and using google (or MS) TTS make that message to sound in a Squeezebox player.

Squeezebox side is not an issue. But sending messages to HA sounds little challenging for me as of now.

Ideas??

Why not using tasker? And if you want to take it a step further, then you can use autovoice with Google Now integration…
For example, in my case I’ve my full personal assistant in tasker for a lot of things…
Now I moved from Vera to Home Assistant, so I created also several things integrated with it.
For example I can use Google Now, and commands like this:

• turn on/off (device)
  • dim (device) to (level) percent
  • activate (scenename) scene
  • etc…

such things will be also processed by tasker and autovoice…
also with regex, like I can say: I want to watch tv, and it will trigger a tv-modus, with light dimmed and backlights on…
Other things that I do is like saying: I’m leaving (activate away scene), or I’m home (activate home modus), I’m going to sleep (activate nightmode), and way more…

If you want to see my a small demo of what my personal assistant can do, (without HASS) (3 years ago) , see link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsF2PelmX_E
I will update a video with integration of HASS later on

1 Like

hey @broesie,

sorry, I missed to reply back.

I was actually checking Tasker for a couple of implementations but never move forward with it.

I think my expectation is have something on the ‘service-side’ more than the client side to cover this scenario.

thanks anyway, I’d probably give it a try :slight_smile:

hey @broesie,

I must confess you put some seeds on my mind with this.

I’d be very interested in seeing how’s your implementation working, configs, etc.

I’ve just purchased a set of android tablets to deploy at home and this would somehow cover some (if not all) the requirements I want.

I’m very interested in understand the integration between tasker and HA. How are you doing it? by REST service calls? … can you share? :slight_smile:

thank you very much in advance.

@davedan , you can directly communicate by using any android device to communicate HA by sending JSON data.
So then you can link your own voice controlled system to it (in your own language) by using AutoVoice or Google Now.

Total cost is 3$.Very cheap, but a little more work.
The link is a topic that I started on this community: Create your own personal assistent with Tasker (in multi language) + Google Now integration