Sensibo - Update wrong AC status

Hey!
I’m very new here, thanks for the great community support.

I have a Sensibo&HA integration that usually works great. Sometimes, Sensibo misses its signal, and doesn’t change the AC as it should have, and then, it thinks the AC is set to another state. (Sensibo thinks the AC is on whilst it’s actually of, or vice versa).

This situation, causes Home Assistant to show wrong state and therefore all the automations won’t work properly until changed in Sensibo App.

Now my question is, is there a way to change the AC status (without actually toggle it) to the correct status? If so, I could create an automation that once found out the AC status is wrong, automatically changes it.

Thanks

Hey Arthur and welcome to the community! :partying_face:
Sadly I don’t have experiences with Sensibo, but I might be able to help a little bit.
Do you know where the issue is - I mean at which point in the transmission the instructions go missing? If I understand it correctly, you can look into the Sensibo App and look at the actions done.
So if you turn on the AC inside Home Assistant, does it show up as an action that was executed inside of the app? More importantly - Do all show up? Or are some missing?

Does the app always show the correct state?

Hey, thanks for replying.
Sensibo works as an IR transmitter, and it can’t get a real feedback from the AC.
typically for IR transmitters, sometimes it misses. Sensibo sends a turn on command, but the AC doesn’t actually turns on. so Sensibo shows it’s on whilst it’s off (or vice versa).

I can change it easily in the Sensibo app. There’s a button in the settings that tells the app to switch what it thinks of the AC. So if I set it right in the app, it also sets right in HA.

But what I want to do, is to create an automation through HA that changes it.
For example, use a door sensor on the AC, and if it’s closes for a few seconds, HA knows the AC is OFF, even if it thought it was on.

Or another example, if the temperature goes down quickly whilst AC is off, understand that it’s not off, it’s on, and change the status accordingly.

For doing that, I need an action through HA that changes what it thought was the right state of the AC.

Ah, I’m sorry, didn’t look into it, I thought it would be some other random WiFi AC.

A lot of smart ideas using the sensors! You could get an ESP32 and attach a GPIO sensor or something similar, easy to setup, will do the trick and be relatively quick to respond :slight_smile: (Also pretty cheap)

If you want something a little more discreet you could get a smart power meter (if you have your AC plugged into the wall) and look if the power usage goes up / down depending on the command you’ve sent. If you don’t have it plugged into the wall you could still do sth. like this, you need to seperate the phase wire and put a magnetic field sensor around it (I think there is one supported by HA as well).

Temperature could work, but not as accurate as you might imagine :frowning:

Yeah, my problem is not the ideas to get the right status, but how to change it :slight_smile:
I succeeded to make HA change the actual AC status, but how can I change what it thinks to be the status? (That’s what my question is all about).

lets say I found out the AC is actually off whilst HA thinks it’s on. What now? what command do I need to do?

Oh whoops, seems like I’ve misunderstood your request, sorry. :frowning:

If you want to send a “set state” command to Sensibo, you can use their API: https://sensibo.github.io/#/paths/~1pods~1{device_id}~1acStates/post

To use the API you need an API key: https://home.sensibo.com/me/api

To send the “set state” you need to send the power status (on/off), the mode (“cool”, “heat”, “fan”, “auto”, “dry”), the fanlevel (e.g., “low”, “medium”, “high”, “auto”) as well as the target temperature. Swing state is optional.

If you want to set a state inside Home-Assistant (won’t get synced to Sensibo!):
There is no native way of setting the state of sensors programmatically.
However you can make Home-Assistant call its own API, there is also a script available to make it a bit easier: How to manually set state/value of sensor?

Alternatively you can create a template switch for your AC, but again that won’t get synced and I guess that’s the point :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thanks, so let’s say I found that the status is wrong, in one of the creative ways there are for it.

Now I want to create a script that changes the state of the AC to on (again, just its status, not toggle actual AC). I

How do I do that? I can’t see Climate.set_state service in the list.

I already have Sensibo API connected to HA and works well in turn_on and turn_off.

Hm, if I take a look at https://github.com/home-assistant/core/blob/f866ff5f2b71c5e5b537fb3bd7cb4d9b51ea6f2f/homeassistant/components/sensibo/services.yaml there seems to be a sensibo.assume_state service?

1 Like

Thanks! That’s what I meant, it’s working.

1 Like

hi @Arthur_Morgan ,

do you mind sharing your automation on ‘force updating’ the sensibo state? i am having the same problem, where sometimes IR miss the signal hence the sensibo state is not the actual state of the AC. i am planning to use door sensor as you suggested.

thank you,

Joining the request.
How and where did you placed that code part?