Sensor update interval

Hi,

i just got the inovelli 4-in-1 Sensor and i noticed that the update interval is hourly. is there any way to increase that so say every 5 minutes or so?

You have to properly add it to zwave so that all the options appear in it for zwave. Then you adjust the parameter that causes the device to update faster.

This post links has links to get started. You’ll have to make a config file for the 4 in 1, i think others on the thread have it already

Are you running it on USB or battery?
@petro
Do you use the 4-in-1 sensors as well, and if yes do you run them on batteries or from mains power? I’m interested in the battery life of these devices. I use a similar device (Aeotec Multisensor 6) in most of my rooms and mainly they are mains powered but one of them is battery powered and with an update interval of 15 minutes, the batteries were empty in less than 3 months.

I don’t use it, I just know how to expose the values properly. I would assume it has the same issues you describe. It’s partly why I don’t use my multisensor. It’s designed to look sleek and it’s expensive but it doesn’t have a good way to run off mains. Not sure how they haven’t addressed that issue. By the looks of it on the website, this sensor will be no different.

As an aside, I plan to make wifi devices or bluetooth devices. Leaning towards wifi because the bluetooth connection process seems painful. 100% DIY thought with espHome. You can make it work off mains yourself.

I was looking into doing that but initial zwave setup was done via wizard so when i try to manually specify the config_path it brakes things. Is there a way to get around this without having to re-install everything?

That’s not true. I configure everything through the interface and I made the guide.

You only need to redo the include on that single device. I.E. exclude, then include.

I’ll give that a shot in a bit and let you know.

I should clarify (maybe this is what you were referring to), but you need the ‘main’ configuration done through yaml. So this is what you probably meant. If so, then yes you need to switch to yaml. But, it still shouldn’t change anything that’s included/not-included on the stick.