Sensor Value from yesterday, day before, at the same time as now

Is there a way to show e.g. the value of my daily-kWh sensor as it was yesterday at the same time as now, or the day before at the same time as now?
Or what my daily water usage was from the flume sensor yesterday at this time?
I know that the values are all in the MariaDB, but I don’t know how to define a sensor that would display a value from a specific time in the past :confused:

Have you found/considered the below?

Didn’t see that before but I’ll definitely look through that thread - thanks @Chandler

Honestly, we need a SQL query for this? Why does HA not support this natively, or there is at least some 3rd party add-on or component/filter that provides sum/averages for “today”, “yesterday”, “last week” etc?

Home Assistant is an open-source project that’s mostly enhanced by volunteers and, so far, no one has volunteered to do it.

I know - it’s just surprising that nobody seems to need daily etc sensors…

I use the Utility Meter integration to report daily/weekly/monthly/yearly statistics.

I’ve seen it but if I am not mistaken it uses some kind of cron job to calculate values, i.e. it can only do so after the sensor has been created?! But the historic sensor values are already there and ready to be used… The “ha-average” integration allows to specify a “start” and “end” date - this is quite convenient and it would be fantastic if this easy date-based selection mechanism was generally available for every sensor…