Setting parameters causing home assistant to think switch is on ZEN32

Spoke to Zooz and they were unable to replicate the issue.

Our technicians tried to replicate the issue on our test hubs (Z-Box, Hubitat, and ST), but were unable to, so it looks like it’s an issue within the Home Assistant platform.

I think this could be a Zwave-JS bug. Not sure how to submit a ticket to see if someone can test that.

I’m not trying to use the Scene controller to turn a light on and off. I am trying to use the LED for the relay button. I have this automation running perfectly for the other 4 buttons. This is the only one that gives me an issue when I try and set that LED. Even after turning off the relay it still registers which is shouldn’t. I’ll take another look as you feel I’m confused.

And what im telling you is that im setting all the LEDs without issue. Using the automation above. If you want I can show you a video. You see the automation, you can see I’m using the same service call you’re claiming that’s not working. But I want to be clear here, the only way the led functions properly for the large button is if you set parameter 19 to be unlinked to the load in the switch. I hope that’s clear.

The LED setting works fine. The problem is when I set the relay LED it causes the switch to report on. I’ll need to do more testing and try with your code and see if there is a difference

Here is what I have 19 set to:

Right, if you have that set to 0, then the load is always powered, I.e. the switch will always report on. That’s what I was explaining a few posts ago. The relay is tied to the load.

How do I turn that off? I don’t care about the switch changing the light manually. I don’t use the light at all. What should my setting be? Also setting this to 0 doesn’t have my load set to on. I can still control the load via home assistant. This just disables the switch manually.

So reading back the thread, I think you don’t see my issue as you always have the load on because you have smart bulbs. I don’t have smart bulbs, and my relay can be on and off based on controlling the lights with zwave.

My man, I see your issue. I don’t think you understand my explanation. So I’ll just depart from the thread. I’ll say it once again:

1. If you don’t care about the lights being on or off, then you have to set 19 to 0 so that it does not control the load.
  2. This means the load on the wire will always be on. That’s what param 19 to 0 does.
  3. Ive never said this, I assumed you’d understand this with #2. The state of the switch/relay will always be on because the load is on.
  4. When doing this, you can safely adjust the LEDs and sync them up with whatever you want.

Thanks Pedro. I appreciate your help but your #2 isn’t what is happening on my side when parameter 19 is set to 0. When setting it to 0 it just disables the switch locally/physically and I can control the load from home assistant.

I opened an issue on home assistant. I ultimately think this is a Zooz issue even though they said they tested it. Will keep you posted

Ok I should clarify. It keeps the load on if you keep the switch on. You then ignore the switch in HA and then use the button as a scene controller. Just like the other 4 buttons.

Second clarify, the automation I posted syncs the LEDs with any on/off entity in HA. I.e. you don’t need to care about the state of the switch.