Setting up Google Actions for Assistant

I’m getting the same thing. If you figure it out, please let me know. I’m wracking my brain trying to get this once solid integration even working now.

I restarted from scratch, now is working. I suggest to look carefully your configuration for errors, then follow instructions by the letter

I’ve redone the setup multiple times.
It seems like it’s going through but then it loops infinitely like the video below shows.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Of1d1Fkk-uZgCnbMTr5r7mBC72JOfFOw
(Might wanna mute it. Sorry for the noise.)

I don’t have the faintest idea of what is going on or how to solve it.

The part that baffles me is when it says it can’t connect. It has the API Password implemented like the docs say. It’s the same one I use to log into the instance from the outside world.

ACCOUNT LINKING FAILED, you can see it in the video if you go slowly.

So something you did not follow in the instructions. Make sure you clean the cache of your browser, if you use the correct project (and correct id in your configuration

At 5 seconds, you can see it says “Accounts now linked” but when it runs itself again is when it shows as failed.

I’ll keep trying and post back.

Hi, I’ve got the exact same problem right now. “Account linking failed”
Nobody that has found a solution yet?

Does anyone know how to debug errors occuring on the Google side? @PhilK ?

I get errors when initiating a sync request either through the HA service or through the “Sync my devices” in the GA app. I have had this happen before and I had to redo the whole setup again for it to work.

Using the request_sync server, I see that Google returns a 500 Internal Server Error. Not very helpful so I am looking to find out what exactly errored on the Google side.

Not sure if this has anything to do with any of the issues. HOWEVER.
I noticed my Google Home was not responding to prompts and not doing any of the automation notifications I set up (copied and altered, thank you Carlo Costanzo!). I simply power cycled it and it was able to answer google prompts again. I realized today it was still not doing HA voicing though. I checked everything, and went so far as to double check the gactions command, where it prompted me that there was an update that needed to be performed that was not optional.
Basically, I re-ran gactions, and then clicked TEST again. Immediately I am getting HA again.
I am wondering if I didn’t get a firmware update on the main google home, and am waiting to see if anything funky happens with the Google Home Mini in the bedroom.

I had a similar experience last night, I was trying to link a secondary account and kept getting ACCOUNT LINKING FAILED. I ended up resolving this by changing the authentication attempt to use a different browser that the account wasn’t signed in on. In my case I signed my secondary account into Chrome (it was using Chrome Beta) and made sure to use that.

Not sure if this helps.

So, I’m figuring out things but for the life of me can’t solve it.
It’s like it’s not going back to the Google Home app to pass on the credentials.

It just sits there. It’s passing the account linking but it’s not getting to the Google Home app on different devices. No idea what’s going.

Probably gonna wipe my system and start from scratch this weekend to see if that helps in any way.

Check and recheck your configuration for the smallest error. Even simple indentation

and again this morning out of the blue again this
{“message”: “missing project_id in redirect_uri”}

and component not working.

Crap

and also this

F:\Users\Claudio\Downloads>gactions update --action_package project.json --project hassio-06
Update available to version: 2.1.3
This update is mandatory. gactions will exit if update is not performed.
Would you like to update? (y/n)
y
Performing update…
ERROR: Unable to fetch update

crap, crap

trying the Linux/arm version on the raspberry , now the gactions command I was able to execute

and it goes in an infinite loop
account not linked

maybe new firmware update killed the component?

My new firmware is 110178
cast firmware 1.30.110178

there was a problem with GH worldwide, I guess related to the push of a new firmware. Now the component seems not working, unable to link

This is exactly what’s happening to me no matter how many times I redo and check the setup.

It’s either something has been updated on Google’s end and the HASS compenent needs to update to follow, or something happened in 0.61+ in HASS.

I have the same firmware on all of my Google Home’s as well.

I think my was working with 0.62

I guess the component is not working with new GH update

Are you on Android as well? I just tried it with a friend’s iPhone that I invited his account to the GActions/GConsole and it worked just fine on his account/phone.

OK. Definitely something weird/wrong with Android. Just logged in with iOS Phone and it worked immediately. Did nothing but log into the Google Home App and hit connect.

1 Like

yes android