Setting up Google Actions for Assistant

How to tell at Google Assistant that the remote devices exist (on other raspberry) ?

… And i do not understand why i received this error:

2018-05-28 22:40:22
ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assista
t] request_sync request failed: 429 b’{\n “error”: {\n
code": 429,\n “message”: “Resource has been exhausted (e
g. check quota).”,\n “status”: “RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED”\n }
n}\n’

is there any way to get response from google without the devices state but only temperature value for xiaomi sensors ?

Use a generic thermostat and an input boolean as a dummy heater.

thanks, that’s what I’m currently using

input_boolean:
dummy_kids_room:
initial: off

climate:

• platform: generic_thermostat
    name: Kids room
    heater: input_boolean.dummy_kids_room
    target_sensor: sensor.temperature_158d0002273384
    initial_operation_mode: “off”

however I would like to have an answer only about the temperature without the state of the sensor.
Instead of “It’s currently 25 degrees and the kids room is off”

1 Like

I was able to fix it updating target temperature using automation:

- alias: Update thermostat target temperature
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.temp_fahrenheit
  action: 
    - service: climate.set_operation_mode
      entity_id: climate.patio
      data:
        operation_mode: heat
    - service: climate.set_temperature
      entity_id: climate.patio
      data_template:
        temperature: "{{ states('sensor.temp_fahrenheit') }}"

Unfortunately that’s the way that Google does it - there’s no work around that can be applied by Home Assistant.

1 Like

Hi folks,

I’m trying to link my account as per the instructions at https://www.home-assistant.io/components/google_assistant/ and I think things have changed a bit since the tutorial was written.

The Google Console is asking for a “Token URL” which is not mentioned in the instructions. The description given is “OAuth2 endpoint for token exchange”.

Does anyone know what should go into that field?

in the page show how to generate the client_id and access_token using command:

$ cat /dev/urandom | fold -w 120 | head -n 1 | base64 -w 0 | tr -dc ‘0-9A-Za-z’ | cut -c -80

Thanks, but that’s not quite what I’m after. I need the Token URL as shown in the attached image:

It’s your home assistant url

My bad, I had Google Sign In as a linking type, changing it to ‘OAuth’ (as the instructions say) removes that field.

Check from instruction no.2 Account linking

Anyone one else not able to add other members? The test app shows in my home control but for the last few days, no matter what I do, I can’t get it to show in any other user’s Home Control app. I’ve checked everywhere from FireBase to Actions console to GCP IAM. Everything looks right (all other users are set to Project->Editor) but no matter what I do, I can’t get the test app to show up for them.

Interestingly, when I create a new test app on another users account, it shows up for them but when I add myself it doesn’t.

Just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this too?

update: apparently, it doesn’t matter. Wife can still call for lights and interact with DialogFlow despite not having the test app appear for her.

Genius! This helped me solve an issue I have had with HA/Google Assistant for the last few weeks. This had been working for about six months, but then stopped, and I couldn’t re-link the working project within The Google Home app on the phone to HA.

Recreating the project in Google Console didn’t work.

I had tried deleting the brower cache in Chrome on the Android phone, but that didn’t work either.

Logging out of Chrome on Android phone fixed this. When I added the [test] app with the Google app on the phone it then switched me to Chrome and prompted for credentials, which it adn’t done before. After that the [test] app linked!

Thanks @tr0zanwow.

1 Like

My issue with the relinking this time around was that I was using the same HA url for both step 1 and step 2 when in fact step 2 has ‘auth’ in the URL. :blush:

I found the solution!
Do not use self-signed certificate!
After I started to use right certificate all became good.

Hello,

I have google assistant working for more than a year with Duckdns and letsencrypt.

I would like to also install nginx.
So i configured everything as docs said.

I comment
ssl_certificate: /ssl/fullchain.pem
ssl_key: /ssl/privkey.pem
in order to have ssl termination on nginx

Nat 443 port on my router.

And everything works as it should except google assistant.

When i try to unlink and link again i go to authentication page,
insert credentials but then i get “Couldn’t update the setting. Check your connection”

Any help?

@ kostas2911

I also have the same issue…

same issue here did you manage to resolve it?

Link via a device not connected to your local network, ie: use a cell phone via 4G LTE or via a Starbucks WiFi connection…