Share your favourite automations!

We’ve all gotten into the world of home automation for some reason and after listening to the Home Assistant Podcast, where it’s a regular section, I thought it would be great to hear from all of the community as to what your favourite automations are and why, whether it’s something small or complex let’s hear it!

I’ll start, my favourite automation is my music predictor…

The way this works is that I can send the command to Home Assistant either by voice (Alexa), a button on my wall-mounted tablet (TileBoard) or through a script in Home Assistant.
The automation then checks who’s home according to the device tracker and shuffles music from a select few playlists to my Sonos speakers, the clever thing is that if both I and my Wife are home at the same time it will play a playlist of music we both like or if the House is in “Party Mode” it will play party music for the guests!

I love this automation because I and my Wife have varying tastes in music and we can play something suitable for whoever is home.

Now your turn!

2 Likes

Whole lot here

1 Like

Link to the yaml?

I’d love to have a look at your code, if you are willing to share it. That automation is really nice, and absolutely usable in our home, for the same reasons =)

Does it mean that it randomly switch between playlists, or do you have a playlist containing both of your favourite music along with two seperate playlists?

@scottdarby ?

Yup, also would like a look at the code!!!