Shellies Discovery Script

Hi! Where will the prefix name appear?

No. You can try to edit entity registry if you know how to do it.

1 Like

What do you mean? What prefix?

‘discovery_prefix’

I still don’t know what you’re asking.

Never mind. I executed the mqtt announce and all my Shelley’s were found but all entities are unavailable.
Can that be due to I already have them manually configured in yaml?

You have to run Announce automation twice or restart HA.

Okidoki, I’ll do that.

…for discovery script likely.
for devices configured in yaml, single announce is enough.

New version: 0.32.0

Changelog:

• add support for Shelly 1L

Hi Bieniu, its me again :wink:

I have updated my HA to 117.3 and now I received the following message in the log. What is it mean?

Protokolldetails ( ERROR )

Logger: homeassistant.util.logging
Source: util/logging.py:108
First occurred: 16:18:14 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:18:14

Exception in message_received when handling msg on ‘shellies/shellygas-50029178B649/info’: ‘{“wifi_sta”:{“connected”:true,“ssid”:“Home”,“ip”:“10.1.3.200”,“rssi”:-72},“cloud”:{“enabled”:false,“connected”:false},“mqtt”:{“connected”:true},“time”:“16:18”,“unixtime”:1604506695,“serial”:6,“has_update”:false,“mac”:“50029178B649”,“cfg_changed_cnt”:1,“actions_stats”:{“skipped”:0},“gas_sensor”:{“sensor_state”:“normal”,“self_test_state”:“completed”,“alarm_state”:“none”},“concentration”:{“ppm”:0,“is_valid”:true},“valves”:[{“state”:“not_connected”}],“update”:{“status”:“idle”,“has_update”:false,“new_version”:“20200812-092502/v1.8.0@8acf41b0”,“old_version”:“20200812-092502/v1.8.0@8acf41b0”},“ram_total”:51552,“ram_free”:39768,“fs_size”:233681,“fs_free”:89607,“uptime”:1041490}’ Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/debug_info.py”, line 35, in wrapper msg_callback(msg) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/sensor.py”, line 186, in message_received self.async_write_ha_state() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 296, in async_write_ha_state self._async_write_ha_state() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 408, in _async_write_ha_state self.hass.states.async_set( File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1183, in async_set state = State( File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 871, in init raise InvalidStateError( homeassistant.exceptions.InvalidStateError: Invalid state encountered for entity id: sensor.shelly_gas_50029178b649_rssi. State max length is 255 characters.

I can’t see anything that might be causing this error. Does the error keep repeating? Do you only have it for this one device?

Good Morning :slight_smile: - Yes only by Shelly-Gassensor and only one entry when HA was restarted.

Can you enable debug log for python_script and show me log from HA restart

Yes but I must upgrade my HA again, because I am back to 116.4. I has Issues with TTS.

There’s no rush :wink:

1 Like

Hi. I can’t find the “Python_script” integration in HomeAssistant. It simply isn’t there anymore in version 0.117.4. I see it in the documentation though. There is an AppDaemon add-on but I don’t think that is what you want? By the way I am totally new to HA but have a lifetime of programming experience.

python_script component is still present in Home Assistant. Maybe you are looking in the wrong place?

Probably. Configuration->Integrations and then hit the “plus” button?

Do you read python_script documentation?