Shellies Discovery Script

Are you sure Shelly devices are not in Configuration -> Integration -> MQTT?

noā€¦ none from running this script.
there are some esphome devices etc. this tells me that MQTT discovery works as it should.

For Your Information:
I got the Shelly 3EM up and running. Iā€™ve added the stock integration of home assistant. Iā€™ve placed the probes to the 3 phase wires, where they enter the main junction box.
It can measure the returned energy from the solar inverter, on all 3 phases (that wasnā€™t clear for me reading the docs) so Iā€™m very happy wit it :slight_smile:

The script works. If there are no errors in the log I donā€™t know how to help you.

@Bieniu Thx for the script. For me this is working fine. I am curious, where is physically stored which entity listens to which MQTT topic? ā€¦ I tought this is in .storage/core.entity_registry but there are no mqtt related data.

This is data of MQTT component so I think in hass.data["mqtt"]. The user canā€™t access this data.

Ah thanks. And this setup ā€œsurvivesā€ a restart because the config-message sent from your script is retained?

yes, exactly

1 Like

My logs says: Shellies Discovery: Already running
Does not seem to hurt, but what does it mean and how to get rid of it?

You have to add mode: queued to the automation https://github.com/bieniu/ha-shellies-discovery#minimal-configuration

2 Likes

OK, thanks, cool. That automation mode is a newer feature that was introduced after i integrated Shellys Discovery, havenā€™t touched that code since then.

I have installed a Temperature Sensor AddOn for Shelly 1/1PM on one of my 1PM.
I can see it working in the shelly app and in MQTT Explorer, but it doesnā€™t come up in HA.
I mean the external temperature sensor, the shelly 1PM has bee successfully discovered.
Does the script has support for it?

Yes, it does. Do you read the docs?

Just now :innocent:
If anything else fails RTFM :joy:

Working! Thx!

1 Like

I update today to latest HA version then the discovery fails

trigger is undefined please read the docs.

But as I mentioned its works since 4 months as charm just today after I make the upgrade something break it

1 Like

Debug log please.

The names of my shellys is the right one in the configuration