Shellies Discovery Script

Thanks, I figured ist out. mode: “roller”.

“One more thing”: In roller-mode I use the slider to set the covering from e.g. 100% to 50%. The slider will jump back to 100% on release. It will then jump to 50% as soon as the window-covering is at 50%.
Is there a way around that? I assume the slider value is only set though mqtt?

The device doesn’t send the position in real time, but only after the movement is stopped.

As always, many thanks for the quick update @Bieniu. Just installed the update and indeed Input sensors now work in roller mode. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Is there any chance of adding the Ipaddress sensor to the 4pro ?

No, firmware 1.8 or never is needed.

I thought that would be the case. No problem. I’m waiting for the new pros so I replace my existing 4pros. Thanks

I heard that there is some new firmware for 4pro but I don’t know if it’s publicly available and what it changes. You can ask support Shelly.

I need help.
Please check if battery powered devices (Flood, HT, DW, DW2, Smoke) send info topic and how often they do it. Thank you for your help.

Hi Maciek

I commented this out:

#KEY_JSON_ATTRIBUTES_TOPIC: f"~roller/{roller_id}",
            #KEY_JSON_ATTRIBUTES_TEMPLATE: TPL_ROLLER_TO_JSON,

Now the slider works.

Will this have side effects? The slider/position updates normally.

Kind regards
Rob

Yup, this can help with your problem because without those lines the entity state isn’t updated while the cover is in motion.

To clarify this what you mean with “changed Shelly IDs not supported”:
If you want to turn your ‘switch’ into a ‘light’ follow the official docu on here - but … then in the official Shelly web interface in the ’ ADVANCED - DEVELOPER SETTINGS’ ‘MQTT’ do not check or use “Custom MQTT prefix:” leave it as it is…

Within Home assitant you can later rename the Device name to whatever you want.

Maybe you can add this in the docu… want to avoid other users search 4 hours for this solution…

@Bieniu: thanks for the amazing discovery script!

Current version of the script supports “custom MQTT prefix” change https://github.com/bieniu/ha-shellies-discovery#shelly-device-name

Thank you!

Noob question - can you explain the benefits of using Shelly with MQTT over the normal HA shelly integration?

In my case, I have shellies in a separate VLAN from my other infrastructure (namely my Zigbee and ZWave controller and lights). Reaction times were really really bad using the normal integration even though routing is allowed via the firewall that is connecting the VLANs.
With MQTT, I get instantaneous responses, so when I click a non-battery Shelly button (I use Shelly 2.5 and i3 behind normal wall switches), the lights turn on immediately, without noticable delay. Also, I am under the impression that with MQTT I have the flexibility to integrate even broader than using HA alone.

1 Like

Hi Bieniu

I only have one H&T at the moment, connected via USB power. Is that also relevant for you? I can put in a battery, if you need that information…?

Regards
Pete

I have HT and Flood so have already tested them. Someone with DW/DW2/Smoke/Button1 is needed.

I also have a Button 1, but it seems only to send out any MQTT when I actually press a button.
Where would I find the info topic? Under “Shellies>homeassistant>shellybt1_01” I don’t see anything called info.

I still don’t understand how Alterco does not send you a sample of all their products so you can create their integration in HA…

I, for one, have bought more than 20 shellies for my house and one of the main reason has been how well your integration works. Keep up the good work @Bieniu, we really appreciate it. :+1:

2 Likes

I’m a member of the Shelly QA group since November, so they send me samples of new products. I got Shelly 1L and Motion in December and that’s why these devices are perfectly supported. Currently, I also have access to the Alterco GitLab server where I opened up some feature requests and issues that make the script better.

2 Likes