Shellies Discovery Script

We have update firmware sensor and we can’t use rest command so what is your suggestion?

Don’t worry about it. It works for me. Was only a suggestion for someone else that asked.

OK I thought this was a script development suggestion.

Thanks @Bieniu I actually found it was my own error wiring in the switch. I tested it outside of the wall and when I put it back in one of the switch cables had come loose.

1 Like

If someone wants to test something new https://github.com/bieniu/ha-shellies-discovery/releases/tag/0.39.0b1

1 Like

Morning,

I have numerous Shelly’s however I have just added a H & T temp sensor. Up until now I have just added devices through the script with no further configuration. Do I need to do something difference with the H & T to stop it showing unavailable between check in’s?

Shelly HT uses 12h as sleep_mode.period, the script uses 12h * 1,2 * 60 * 60 = 51840 seconds as expire_after for this device. If your entities are unavailable this means that device doesn’t send data to MQTT broker. Check your MQTT configuration.

Thanks, so there is nothing I need to change in the config? I will have a look at the broker settings!

You can increase expire_after for this device but it shouldn’t be necessary. Check on your MQTT broker how often the device sends its status.

Hi, I’ve lost connection to several Shellies 2.5 and I’ve been getting messages like the ones in the picture.

I’e tried updating, both HA and Shellies Discovery script, but nothing worked.

Anyone else facing similar issues?

Thanks, cheers!!

1 Like

Do you use Mosquitto addon 5.1.1?

Yes, that’s right.

Look here https://github.com/home-assistant/addons/issues/1887

1 Like

I see… Thanks for the information!

Do you know how to roll the add-on back to 5.1? Is it restoring a system snapshot ?

Thanks

I used snapshot to restore 5.1. You can select what you want to restore, just select only Mosquitto addon.

@dosreism, @Bieniu thank you sooooo much for the info on the mosquitto broker problem. I had the exact same problem and it was driving me mad. Will take a look to downgrade it from backup.

1 Like

Thank you @Bieniu! Everything is back on track after rolling back to mosquitto 5.1

1 Like

@Bieniu I tried 0.39.0.b1 and I removed “mode” from all RGBW2 as as per release notes but i’m getting

2021-03-17 19:52:22 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.components.python_script.shellies_discovery.py] Error executing script: mode value None is not valid, check script configuration
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/python_script/__init__.py", line 218, in execute
exec(compiled.code, restricted_globals)
File "shellies_discovery.py", line 1343, in <module>
ValueError: mode value None is not valid, check script configuration

Is there anything I can check ?

Edit: I’m running 1.10 RC5

Show me please your Shellies Announce automation and payload of RGBW2 announce topic.

Announce Payload:

{
  "id": "shellyrgbw2-A571FE",
  "model": "SHRGBW2",
  "mode": "white",
  "mac": "84CCA8A571FE",
  "ip": "192.168.50.212",
  "new_fw": false,
  "fw_ver": "20210312-134417/v1.10.0-rc5-g1c546b5"
}

Announce:

- id: shellies_announce
  alias: "Shellies Announce"
  trigger:
    - platform: homeassistant
      event: start
    - platform: time_pattern
      hours: "/1"
  action:
    service: mqtt.publish
    data:
      topic: shellies/command
      payload: announce

- id: "shellies_discovery"
  alias: "Shellies Discovery"
  mode: queued
  max: 999
  trigger:
    platform: mqtt
    topic: shellies/announce
  action:
    service: python_script.shellies_discovery
    data_template:
      id: "{{ trigger.payload_json.id }}"
      mac: "{{ trigger.payload_json.mac }}"
      fw_ver: "{{ trigger.payload_json.fw_ver }}"
      model: "{{ trigger.payload_json.model }}"
      qos: 2

Edit: maybe I need to add another line under data_template to get the mode?