Shelly 1PM gets hot

Alright. You were the one who was concerned about high temperature. If you feel OK running the equivalent of small space heaters inside your walls, it’s your house.

ROFL! Actually they have all came down in temperature considerably (primarily from ECO on and since I know what I am doing with them now regarding configuration so there are no connectivity issues), so this is even less of a non-issue… give me 24 hours to collect the data and post it here just for fun. Most of them ar under 100 degrees F right now

I’ve actually added a few more Shelly’s since the last screen shot and waited a day before reposting the same screen shot again, and turning on eco mode (and to improve connectivity, utilizing ColoT for the Shelly 1L’s and outbound websockets on the +1’s and 2PM) has caused zero issues and resulted in much lower temps (they were not at dangerous levels earlier anyway) but they are low enough now that I suppose that should maximize their lifespan. Definately a non-issue at this point. Moving on!

I realise this is 15 days old and you’ve moved on etc, just pointing out the 40c is max ambient temperature, not the temperature the shelly will display, very different things.

Yes @Etacovda it is interesting - ambient temp does have some influence however, so one that is in an unheated/uncooled external standalone garage, even in a heatwave hopefully it doesn’t get too hot since everything is in the dark most of the time and it is under some trees, so it’s always lower than even room temp in the winter - and very interested to see what it reads when it’s 85-90 degrees (F) in there during a heatwave in the summer however… (that’s a 2PM handling (independent of each other) a combo light switch and power outlet (with an RC snubber on the power outlet for good measure - not shown in the diagram). Shelly+ 2PM wired as:

One thing I have noticed with regards to the running temperature of these Shelly’s, is the one that is configured for a scenario with 4 incandescents (as the bypass is not available officially in the USA yet) on a hallway ceiling fixture at the top of the stairs wired with one shelly for two switches that both control the same light (one switch at the bottom of the stairs and one switch at the top), is that it runs hotter (only when light is on, but about 15 degreees F - and this is in a climate controlled home with excellent air conditioning as well as heating) than the other shelly’s I have, including the other shelly 1L’s that only handle one switch for a light. FYI wiring diagram for that Shelly 1L: