Shelly Cloud integration (remote hardware)

So I know that Shelly switches and sensors can be integrated locally via mqtt or the custom Shelly integration.
I have a Shelly 1pm that I use to monitor the energy usage of charging mower and trimmer batteries at my shop. This is not at the same location or LAN as my HA instance. I’m currently using the Shelly Cloud and the Android app to view my energy usage but I’d love to bring it in to HA.
Can I use the restful sensor via HTTPS?
I know there are probably some Cloud MQTT brokers I could use but the Shelly Cloud is already there.
I really appreciate any direction.

2 Likes

I have the exactly same problem. With the shelly integration there is a cloud setting included but I do not get it what it does. Any news on this?

I’ve tried setting it up and it isn’t working for me. However, a couple updates ago, I lost my local shellies and haven’t been able to get the integration to find them again. I haven’t had time to really look into it to be honest. A kindergartner in remote learning is very time consuming. Many of my HA issues are on the back burner.

Anyone found a solution to easily integrate remote Shelly Cloud Deivces?

there is no such option natively.
One possibility I know is to deploy HA in remote location then connect it with your HA.

I’ve heard rumours however that Shelly is going to open access to data in cloud. it will potentialy make possible to achieve what you want (considering someone will write integration for that)

1 Like

There seems to be a cloud integration from vincenzo.suraci, check this post:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/shelly-cloud-new-component-how-to-implement-it-api-is-available/54228/142
https://github.com/vincenzosuraci/hassio_shelly_cloud
I couldn’t get it working yet, HA gives an error loading…

Any news on this topic? I have some Shelly located in different houses, and I would like to manage them via HA (at least the “read” mode)…

1 Like

I kind of gave up on this at the time since there seemed to be no good solution. However, i am hoping this winter to deploy a remote instance of HA and use it that way. I have some other things at the remote location to automate now. I’m not sure how I’ll link the two instances together (or if i want to)

I have a few devices on different properties, that I would like to monitor via a single instance of Home Asistant. I’m really hoping to do this via shelly cloud, but not quite figuring out how to do it. Seems using the API calls is the answer, but beyond my HA skills!

We need to keep this one alive until a solution is found! i have same issue. I have been thinking on the possibility to “interval-scrape” the values from the shelly.cloud website and importing it into HA. Any thoughts on this?

1 Like

Same problem. Any updates?

1 Like