Shelly Cloud - new Component? How to implement it? API is available

yes, great!

What a great mind the guy who wrote this :grin: Oops, that’s me :smiley: :yum::rofl:

7 Likes

awesome i will try this tonight whith the shelly2

Is there any advantage if the Shelly 1 over the Shelly 2?

Does the Shelly 2 support toggle physical light switches (rather than push button momentary switches)?

Does the Shelly 2 support tasmota?

Here’s how to integrate the shelly products into home assistant without changing their firmware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E99-17XyyUg

3 Likes

Thanks. This is wonderful. Cant wait to try it out.
Anything to have in mind when using the roller function?

Hi, host is the IP address of the shelly, correct?

some from shelly was suggesting that a future release would support mqtt. that would be ideal if it’s true/it happens.

thanks a lot. Works great!!

Now support MQTT

http://shelly-api-docs.shelly.cloud/#mqtt-support-beta

I have two of the Shelly 2’s configured for MQTT but having trouble getting the device to stay on when HA restarts. Anyone else seeing that? Wife loosing it! Tried with retain on and off on both HA and the device itself, no difference.

Why would it not see the retained on state from the broker?

- platform: mqtt
    name: "Kitchen Lights"
    state_topic: "shellies/shellyswitch-9F6008/relay/1"
    command_topic: "shellies/shellyswitch-9F6008/relay/1/command"
    qos: 2
    payload_on: "on"
    payload_off: "off"
    retain: true

FYI, I’ve just monitored shellies/shellyswitch-9F6008/relay/1/command on HA restart and it seems HA is sending ‘off’ when the service boots up. Odd.

Seems to work well. Haven’t had an issue with this setup.

Have you enabled retain using the tick box in the developer settings Mqtt configuration on the shelly web interface?

Also, set QoS to 1

where is this?

Make sure you have the latest firmware then goto

Internet & Security > Advanced - Developer Settings

Yep, QoS on 2 and retain set. Doesn’t respect.

Set your switch in home assistant to retain: false
Make sure you turn the switch on before you restart so there is no turn off message retained.

So if I have retain set in the device, it is not needed in any client and may in fact be counterproductive?

Also, have you turned on clean session?

If the shelly connects with a clean session then it should ignore any messages already retained on the server when it connects.