Shelly Dimmer 2 buttons trigger insanity

I have a Shelly Dimmer 2 that I do not agree with.
My goal is to have one button for controlling the dimmer, and the other button for triggering an automation in HA.
The second button works as it should - I get the input event for channel 2 switch.
But my route to insanity starts when I press the first button. The dimmer is controlled correctly, but it also triggers events for clearing and setting the channel 2 button, which triggers my automation.
The Shelly button type config is One button mode.

Any ideas what could be wrong here?

1 Like

We’ll need more info. With Shelly or ESPHome flashed on the Shelly?
If it’s ESPHome, what YAML are you using and otherwise how is HA setup to use the automation?
Also is it using a neutral or not?

Standard Shelly firmware, version 20221027-104444/v1.12.1-ga9117d3.

A bit more info: It’s connected with a neutral, the automation is done in Node-Red, the trigger is ‘events:state’ with the trigger channel 2 input.

I’d be happy to provide more information if needed.

I have given up on shelly in this case. I’ve solved it by adding a .25 sec delay, checking the state again before running the automation.
Another solution could perhaps be to flash the device with ESPHome. I haven’t tried it, but maybe next time.

Adding a 0.25sec delay akin to this?

Maybe there are some noise issues at play, or perhaps there’s a race-condition in the Shelly’s firmware. Sorry we couldn’t identify it but the added complexity of NodeRed threw me.