Shelly integration vs ShellyForHASS

ColoT works much better in my experience. It’s native and enabled by default. MQTT works well but if you haven’t set it up yet, there really isn’t a need to.

1 Like

I had to enter the IP address of my HA server in every Shelly. Multicast had a high latency in my network. No need to switch to MQTT.

I’m thinking of switching to the internal integration to be future proof. Shelly4Hass seems to be halted.

1 thing I realy like about Shelly4Hass is the firmware ugrade button. I have an auto list populated and if a FW update is available with a few clicks all my devices have been update, has the integrated integration also a function to do this? I do not see this in the documentation.

Thanks!

After a month or so I find ColoT lightning fast and very stable, so far. Love it. No need for MQTT yet

You can update with a single click in the native integration.

I used the auto-entities card to display only when an update was available…I’m yet to be able to replicate this using the native integration just yet but we’ll see when I get more time to look at it a bit closer.

Yes,

I saw this is a new funtion in the latest updates and swithed to the official lib now. 1 thing I miss now is the prefix for all items.

I had a page with auto entity cards that grouped all my shelly swithes and lights filtered on prefix shelly_* but the new integration does not have this and the entity card does not allow to filter on integration.

Anyone have some idea to work arround this?

Thanks!

Shelly4Hass releases constantly new versions. The project isn’t halted, it’s matured. Looks like version 0.3 took some time. Check this Releases · StyraHem/ShellyForHASS · GitHub

I recently started using Home Assistant with Shelly devices - using the built-in integration (didn’t know about Shelly4Hass). Automations that trigger shelly relays sometimes work fine but are often sluggish and unreliable, and some of the Shellys seem to go offline in HA. That is most often accompanied by timeout errors in the logs. But all those devices always work instantly when I trigger them with HTTP (from browser or command line) or from the Shelly cloud - actually I have not experienced noticable latency or failures using those methods.

I have CoIot enabled and use the unicast address to the HA server. All devices are at the latest firmware levels and I think I’ve ruled out network problems.

Just wondering if I should switch to Shelly4Hass and if other have had similar issues.

Unless I misunderstand your issue, I can’t think why an automation would be sluggish compared to a UI/command line. Are you sure it isn’t the delay in the trigger? I have motion sensors that don’t always fire for example

I swear via CoIoT I hear the Shelly relay click and the light go on before I lift my finger off the UI button. More satisfying than a physical switch

1 Like

The dozen Shelly One devices I have experienced the same issue randomly going offline with the native Shelly integration is the reason I switched to Shelly4Hass. Haven’t had a problem since.

i switched to shelly official integration, i needed the bliuetooth proxy update, i noticed a big delay of the status of power, shelly 4 hass didnt have this problem, how to fix?

Bluetooth slows down the updates a bit since it all comes over the same channel. Its been optimized a lot more dev so it should be snappier in 2023.1.x

1 Like

thank you very much

ShellyForHass will no longer receive development updates. This decision stems from the fact that its features and functionality have been seamlessly integrated into Home Assistant, making it redundant to maintain a separate plugin.