Shelly Integration

Shelly recently released a firmware update for their devices that might help. Also, there should be several updates to the Shelly integration in the next HA Core release, so hopefully that’ll help as well!

Is this with the new core Shelly integration or the ShellyForHass component ?
The update took like forvever on your video.

I have 10 Shelly modules integrated through MQTT, all updates are instant.

Hi.

The test is done with hass 0.118.5 and with shelly firmware 1.9.2.

Yes, as you can see my mqtt respone is almost instant. Or do you think my mqtt response is slow?

The shelly core integration has long delays.

1 Like

No, your MQTT is perfect. :slight_smile:
I was asking about which Shelly integration you were using because there are 2 : the new core one, and the long-working ShellyForHass which I have used for months.

Ok, yes it is the new core integration.

Something must be wrong with your set-up because I use the core integration and it is instant.

That’s what I’ve understood also (but not tested myself) that it should be instant and was not relying anymore on polling mecanism like ShellyForHass but on some API that allow instant updates, like MQTT does.

From what I have understood, it is instant when multicast on your network is working fine. See:

Same delay for me with native Shelly integration. MQTT response is almost istant, core integration takes at least 15 seconds.

I will stick to MQTT for now ! :wink:

So when you turn on your device. Your power sensor directly shows the right value?

Yes, correct. The only thing that seems to be delayed is the power metering. I have Shelly 2.5’s, and it takes up to 5 seconds for the power consumption to be reported in HA.

Found it.

My shellies is on a different subnet.
After putting my shellies to the same subnet as my hass server it works with the shelly core integration. No delays what so ever…Almost better than mqtt :slight_smile:

So either my dream machine pro doesnt handle multicast between subents or I havent configured it right.

1 Like

Nice find ! thanks for the update.

Anyone having issues? I just activated my first Shelly 1 but HA is telling me the firmware is not supported and aborting the integration.

1 Like

what firmware version? the first think you should do after installing a shelly is give it a static ip addres and update the firmware, then after add to HA

The firmware says v1.5.10 which I know is not the most current, but it says there is no newer version. It has a static IP.

al Shelly devices have at least v1.8. some/most even v9.x (most recent is 1.9.3 on some devices)

Shelly integration has requirement of fw version.

If device is not recognizing new fw, you can force it to OTA update. See http://archive.shelly-tools.de/

I’ve been trying that. It finally updated and I got it integrated. Thanks!