Shelly Plus 1 flashing and setup guide/ tutorial

Are you doing Bluetooth proxy with the esphone version?

1 Like

@Budget-Seat, it would be good to edit your original post as with the latest version of Tasmota the process no longer works. Converting to Tasmota is fine but if your end goal is to run ESPHome on the Shelly device then you only get one opportunity to load an ESPHome firmware image. Loading a ESPHome image via the Tasmota web console is fine, and the ESPHome firmware runs as expected. However, after that all OTA updates using ESPHome fail. If you initially flash the ESPHome image via serial then subsequent OTA updates via ESPHome work as expected.

See this issue on github

4 Likes

@Budget-Seat Indeed, this doesn’t work anymore with Tasmota >v12.5 :frowning:

Hello, I’m new to ESPHome and i have a question. Do esphome (or tasmota) support on-device local scripting (javascript running on device) like in Shelly firmware?

It’s for me very useful feature, quite robust and stable for me. And I think that makes Shelly devices very attractive.

ESPhome can be used so the device works automatically, so yes.
But it’ll be yaml with lambda…not java…

Tasmota can do similar, but I find the code comprehensive…

Thank you, @aceindy, for your response. After researching the scripting capabilities of the ESPHome firmware, I have come to the conclusion that it may not be as user-friendly for both developers and users as the scripting options available through the web interface of the Shelly firmware or the use of the VSCode plugin Shelly for writing and debugging JavaScript scripts on Shelly devices. Given this, I have decided to stick with the Shelly firmware and not pursue flashing ESPHome or Tasmota. I appreciate your help!