Should I change my Zigbee Channel

Can you post a screenshot of it wanting to migrate that channel??

Migrate Radio is used to migrate to a new ZigBee coordinator and have nothing to do with your channel

Hi Sesame26,
I understood that afterwords, but have you any idea why my radio is on channel 15 when I specify in the configuration that I want it to be on channel 25?

A related couple of questions, as I am trying to diagnose some switch drop outs on my zigbee network - hopefully someone can help:
a.) is there good free-ware tools to analyse wireless networks (currently using something by ambeent - but it doesnā€™t show zigbee, just wifi)

b.) where do I find what channel my zha coordinator is running on (assume 15 but want to check) - its a sonoff dongle

Thanks in advanceā€¦
David.

AseKarlsson - where do you get access to that infoā€¦ ??

Hi,
See picture above, taken from Settings, Devices & Services / ZHA

15 is the default channel chisen by ZHA. Adding the channel you prefer to the config is not enough as the channel only gets picked up when you form a new mesh network. I moved to ch25 a while back and forget exactly how I did it, but it was something along the lines of backing up the stick, editing the backup and booting it back up. This was to avoid having to re-pair everything. I thought ZHA had now implemented some way to change channel more easilyā€¦ but I never looked into it given everything works great now that I am on ch25

Just keep in mind, that you can have a happy wifi 2.4ghz if you only use 1,6 or 1,11 6,11 just always change/switch the channel on the closest ap. If you have a ā€œbetterā€ AP you can asewell lower the power of the AP since its anyway stronger than most of the connected clients, so your phone might see the WIFI but is to weak to send anything there. By lowering the powe of the APs you minimize the interferance a lot aswell.
In my case, changing my Channels to 6,11 was way easier, than migrate my zigbee to channel 25 (its on 11 atm, so wifi channel 1) so i did not have to repair everything.

Regardless, read and try to follow all the best practices and tips here ā†’ Guide for Zigbee interference avoidance and network range/coverage optimization

I only see this notification on HASS start up, is there someway to monitoring this channel util all the time? In a sensor or something?

Zigbee channel 15 utilization is 91.06%!

As far as I can tell, these numbers that ZHA spits out are total garbage. Without very expensive monitoring devices and knowledgeable person, there is no way to see bandwidth usage. And even if a particular segment of the bandwidth had high utilization and you are having zigbee issues and are in that same band, the problems are probably not due to high utilization but rather some other issues in zigbee devices and/or routing.

If you are going to change your channel, which requires a rebuild of your zigbee network, IMHO, you should rip out ZHA and move the Zigbee2MQTT.

I think the message you have cited has caused a number of people to make a good zigbee network bad or a problematic zigbee network worse. And wasted a lot of folks time, money and made useful home automation via Home Assistant look bad in the eyes of the ā€˜significant othersā€™ that we try to help with this stuff.

Removing ZHA from your Home Automation system is the best move to make. Good hunting!