Should I go there? Whole house audio and then some

Do those hex codes match the codes in the manual for the serial port?

Yes they do from what I can see. So how do I go about putting these hex codes into HA?

Another tip and apparently not mentioned yet.

I don’t like to be dependent on proprietary systems either and chromecast, being from that data-hoarding company, is not an option for me even though it’s a nice system.

I went for piCorePlayer on RPi’s and have successfully integrated it with HA

I went with RPI & PiCorePlayer too , LMS running on synology and controlled by phoneand phisical buttons.

squeezebox has certainly been mentioned - picorelayer is a great implementation of squeezeplayer, but by no means the only one. You can still pick up the excellent hardware second hand.

Hi guys, old topic, but I was searching how I can do to control each room with 3 speakers each and I found this: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/4001100285491.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.7e422e0ejzZuQ2

t looks perfect, but I don’t know if anyone has already joined it on HA.
I didn’t buy yet because I would like to know if anyone has it and if this is working with HA.

Thanks!

It is hard to know what the thing does and how it is controlled. A pertinent question

could someone tell me, that this board has uart to control? did you receive any doc for this board? bluethooth has analog port to connect mic?

simply remains unanswered. Some dodgy reviews too.

Also how do you trust a seller who doesn’t even know which way up an ethernet plug goes? (see picture 5)

They also don’t seem to know what a “source” is, their picture shows bookshelf speakers, passive speakers and ceiling speakers as sources (picture 2).

Also “free app” usually means “closed source, cobbled together, poorly translated, undocumented” app.

Nice device if it works, but no one can guarantee it’ll even work, let alone work with HA.

Good catch and funny Lmao! But you know… aliexpress… Some seller just try to sell everything they can without know what are selling.

I also found it:

This is another kind. I’m looking for a amplifier too and this do it.

That is certainly looking very promising! If Google translate is half way accurate, that is a pretty good start.

One thing I can’t tell is whether you can synchronise between units. There is nothing worse than the music in the next room being slightly ahead/behind.

Shame it doesn’t have a squeezebox client!

Sorry to keep posting back, but a bit of research shows that these devices appear to be based on linkplay gear. There is a custom component https://github.com/nagyrobi/home-assistant-custom-components-linkplay

I’m the author of the post from www.vincenzocaputo.com.When I wrote that article I didn’t know about the custom component. now i use it and i don’t use it and i have to say arylic cards are wonderful. Audio quality and unique functions for a media player.

1 Like

I came across the following today: https://www.micro-nova.com/amplipi

While they’ve launched it as a Kickstarter, which I typically do not back, this project appears to be much more feature complete and attainable. Given that the control over the sound matrix is completely open, this should be fairly easy to fully integrate into HA.

It does seem to need a fully speaker-wired house though.

Correct. It matches (and exceeds) the capabilities of the Monoprice 6-zone unit. I have 5 zones of ceiling speakers, currently using Chromecast Audios. This will be a far more elegant solution!

It’s been over a year since you posted about this and their site still says “preorder now.”

Could be due to the chip shortage though…

Their forums do seem to indicate some units have shipped, and that more are on the way.

1 Like

Nick do you have a whole home audio setup? Mind if I ask what you use?

I’m trying to figure out the best and most cost effective way to power/control 4-5 zones of ceiling speakers. Doesn’t have to be high end, but just for casual listening in rooms.

Initially I was looking at a multi-channel amplifier and then connecting pi zeros to each input as squeezelites. But then I’d probably need a DAC, and couldn’t find or decide on which amp. The cost was starting to add up at that point.

Im now looking at Justboom Amp Zero, since I can get a full kit with the pi zero, amp hat, power adapter, case, sd card for $75.

Other option would maybe be the Acrylic Up2stream Amp v4, which is $100, but covers all the bases?

I have logitech media server on my main home data server, along with all my ripped music.

I have a number of logitech hardware devices, three booms, a classic, a touch and a couple of receivers, also two or three pis running picoreplayer (which is basically squeezelite). Some are on wired ethernet, some are wireless.

On the pis I use this combined dac/amp, which is enough for the situations I use them in, which are:

1. next to the spa, quite a noisy environment

2. in the garage

3. on our deck

1 Like

Here is the manual of the dac/amp Dropbox - Innomaker HIFI AMP HAT User Manual V1.4.pdf - Simplify your life

See the last few pages, there is a handy little case too. Haven’t found that on Ali but I did get some from amazon.