Show off your picture-elements uses

This is going into why I changed my setup, as I wanted to be able to use different themes and not worry about my tracker card being the wrong color.

Since the new frame is transparent it should work with any theme as long as your background is darker than your cards. The files in the ‘Michael’ and ‘Michelle’ folder are the same frame saved with each of the different location images so that as my tracker updates it places the appropriate image over top of the empty frame (thus you should never see it).

home So, using a transparent image like this…

Produces this output without having any additional images being referenced depending on the theme…
teal grey white

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Great work! Do you have a github? I would like to check some of the code for the cards to the left in your new setup. Looks real nice.

Thanks! I do not, but I’ve had a few people ask so I feel like maybe I should get one going. Just haven’t been able to devote much time the past couple of months on HA. I’ll research how to set it up tonight…

Perfect makes all sense buddy :slight_smile:

One final question when you say background darker than the card, you mean the background in the circle shape i.e. behind the bitmoji?

Your lovelace background.
HA2

1 Like

My KISS approach after I found digital blueprints to our house. Things describe actual positions so no need to guess which movement sensor is running out of battery and always remove the wrong one first for example. Press and hold to toggle lights etc.

Todo: toggle for turning off all lights etc.

1 Like

I like the map for battery levels idea. I think it’s the first time I saw that.

@hoffdad do you have your lovelace config shared anywhere?

@bbrendon Working on a few things first. Hoping to have it on Github maybe by end of week.

@bbrendon Just got it up a bit ago. Much more still to go. Not sure if there’s a good place to post updates… Using ‘Main Theme’ if you like the color layout.

https://github.com/hoffdad/HA_config

6 Likes

how do you make the lights blend? Im trying to figure it out in the rooms where there are many source of lights how to manage the different combinations…

Just play around with mix-blend css property

Just thought I’d show my recent version of my floor plan plus other tweaks on other pages etc… I’ve also included a demo showing my honeycomb-menu

7 Likes

Love the honeycomb menus! I’m gonna play with those!

1 Like

Is your config on GitHub?
If not, would you consider sharing it?

It looks amazing :slight_smile:

Dude that’s slick

Just a little thing, but I wanted to fit my vacuum map and controls nicely on a phone screen and couldn’t find anything as compact as I wanted, so I made a very thin single-column picture elements card to fit nicely alongside my xiaomi map card.

could you post the CSS section of the Picture Elements Card that rules the light mix-blend?

@jimpower Hi Sir please can you send me code for Lovelace for Mi Flora ?

Thank you

They look like this now.

9 Likes