Show TV state in HA possible?

Thzen u cant use those component and u wont be able to change channel to a specific number. U can just use hass like with your remote control. U might be able to make a scene with following codel for the number on your remote . but thats all. just record ALL needed button to hass and build an automation with a scene .

Its still possible his TV can work even if its not in the list, but without any error messages or anything we can’t really help you @bachoo786. Can’t just guess what the problem is.

@bachoo786 like @thundergreen said the only way to do it is to create a custom automation scene with HA so you have to capture the code for 1,5,0 of your remote if you want the channel so you Broadlink RM can imitate those command you when fire it up in HA.

Now If possible can i put the state of the tv device on the webUI?

@stunts1337 this is my log for my media player i.e. Samsung TV:

17-03-27 18:53:39 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Updating samsungtv media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
17-03-27 18:53:50 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Updating samsungtv media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
17-03-27 18:54:01 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Updating samsungtv media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10
17-03-27 18:54:12 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Updating samsungtv media_player took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:10

The above is repeats continuously for 10 seconds.

My config is:

media_player:
  - platform: samsungtv
    host: 192.168.0.12
    port: 55000

and if I run : samsungctl --host 192.168.0.12 --port 55000 KEY_MUTE --method websocket

I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/samsungctl", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('samsungctl===0.6.0-git', 'console_scripts', 'samsungctl')()
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/samsungctl/__main__.py", line 93, in main
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/samsungctl/__main__.py", line 37, in _read_config
NameError: global name 'FileNotFoundError' is not defined

Surprisingly I have another raspberry pi running openhab2 and it can control my Samsung TV well on port 55000. This means there are either some files not installed my pi running HA or HA cannot work with my TV.

@pronsta and @thundergreen have you got a sample code or guide me please to set the custom automation scene up?

1 Like

it seems that u need someting like samsungctl which is not installes btw… i think it is setup differently in hass

I have installed samsungctl and it does not work for some reason as I get the error I mentioned previously I even upgraded to python 3.

Can I ask you if you have setup scenes to work with your Broadlink?

Well 8 don’t use Samsung so I’m unfortunately no help. I have several scenes but not for broadlink. But tell me what u r searching and I’ll help u out

Template newbie here…Could you post a quick example?
Thanks so much!

What template? Need more info

This one! Sorry but really starting out with templating, still look like black magic to me :smile:

Habe auch look at https://github.com/thundergreen/home-assistant/blob/master/sensors.yaml

1 Like

Vielen dank!
Just last question: if I have to refer to entity status for automation, should I use home/not_home or the newly created value template (on/off or whatever)?

Yes it has to be home / not_home

1 Like

no problem !

I am after a scene for my channel 150 via Broadlink. Can you guide me on this please?

This might help.

1 Like

thanks @pronsta

Can you please guide me on how to setup or install my rm mini 3 with HA? I have followed the guide from the components page and in my config everything seems ok but I cannot excess my HA frontend. I have checked my error log and find no errors.

- platform: broadlink
  name: "RM Mini Bedroom"
  host: IP
  mac: 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX'
  timeout: 160
  type: rm_mini

This how I configured my RM Mini in switches.yaml

2 Likes

Hi I have tried to implement this and it gives me the same issue i.e. no errors but the HA frontend wont open. Any idea?