Silver Crest ( Lidl) smart Button

Hello, everyone! Is this “quirks” solution from Drauboss still necessary? I think the buttons are available in the automation… but they just don’t do anything :-))
How can I listen to the button signals again in HA with the ZHA command? Does anyone happen to know this?

Hi, unfortune yes: in device manager it showes up as a switch, which status can be set by one klick and reset by double klick. It’s appears to be HW coded inside firmware.
In princible jrauti script from above should solve, but in my case the Action: Turn off (the device-) button does not work most of the time (even manually falls back after senconds)
Haven’t checked Drauboss script, yet. But a need for a workaround to a simple switch is kind of no go for me.

I have a silvercrest smart button working fine in HA.
Setup is a bit different since I use zigbee2mqtt and I wanted to control 2 lights with one switch so I did the following
Single press (“on action”): toggles “main” light
double press (“off action”): toggles “secondary” light

1 Like

That is one way to do it. I got it also running with the custom quirks. Now I have the options to use single press, double press and longpress release. Only thing I would like to still achive is to be able to adjust the long press time. Now it feels like forever, multiple seconds anyway.

Works perfect. Short and double press work as expected. Thanks :star_struck:
But I‘m not very familiar with quirks.

How could I use the Dim/Rotate function? Can someone modify above code?

2 Likes

I need that too :slight_smile: and I have the problem when I press the button for 3-4 seconds that nothing happens (no entry in the activity log).

Thank you guys. That’s works perfect.

Thank you very much. Works perfect for me!

Me too! Is there a way to use the Dim function?
The imported functions DIM_UP and DIM_DOWN do not seem to work.
What is the difference between COMMAND_MOVE and COMMAND_MOVE_SATURATION ?

2 Likes

Hi works great i got the button on good luck during a sale and did found your solution but i do have an unknow % at the battery location.

Do you perhaps know how to fix that ?

1 Like

Just make an automation that toggles the lights when the button switch is turned off. Than delay 1 second, than turn the button switch on again.

I have the same thing. So 1 click is always on or off for the lights

weird thing is that it showed the battery status the first time I paired it
but after trying to fix the quirks and failing I tried repairing it and now it won’t show

After remaking the .py file it worked and also showed the battery percentage

1 Like

The dim function would be nice to get working

2 Likes

today i bought also that smart button.
it is found in zigbee2mqtt but support status = unsupported and no on/off available

i found the issue, my zigbee2mqtt was outdated

I have set up the Quirk. With it, single-click, double-click, long-press and long-press-release works in principle.
But I have observed a strange behavior:
If I do a double-click and then long press, the button does not send a long press event. If I do a single click after the double click and then long press, a long press event is sent again.

I consider buying one of these. But I can’t find much details on how it works exactly. Is it just one button? Because I read something about “rotating”? What can be rotated?

According to the description, it can also be used for dimming. But how does that work, user input wise?

I just bought one at Lidl today (Black Friday week says it’s priced down but I’m pretty sure they’re always €6, but not sure). Set it up in Zigbee2MQTT and Home Assistant, but I haven’t completely figured out how to use it, yet.

The long press is supposed to control brightness (according to the user manual) but the only actions I’m seeing in the Home Assistant logs are brightness_step_up and brightness_stop when I long press and release. I don’t know if we can get it to send brightness_step_down.

Maybe there’s only a single press (on), double press (off), and long press (brightness_step_up and brightness_stop after holding and releasing respectively).

As a possible solution, you could make a helper/variable: “DimmingDirection” that will have a value of “1” or “-1”.

Then make 3 automations like:

1. If BRIGHTNESS==255 THEN make DimmingDirection “-1”.

2. If BRIGHTNESS==0 THEN make DimmingDirection “1”.

3. If “brightness-step-up” THEN change BRIGHTNESS by DimmingStep*DimmingDirection.

This way the brightness should swing up and down. But not sure if this is the best and cleanest solution.

Disclaimer: I’m a HA n00b. Just sharing how I would do it with my limited HA knowledge.

Little update on this device. It looks like it does support brightness_step_down as well, but it only sends this if you hold it down long enough. With some delay between each action, it will first send three brightness_step_up actions, before sending four brightness_step_down actions. After that, it alternates between four up and four down commands.

Furthermore, it will only send brightness actions if you first send the on action (i.e. single click). If you double-click (i.e. send an off action), it will not send any brightness_step_(up|down), but only a brightness_stop after you release the button. It seems to keep track of having sent the off state internally.

Looks like the firmware on this switch isn’t great. And it doesn’t support OTA either, so I feel like its use will be limited to simple on-off stuff for the most part, unless there is a way to force it to send the brightness commands regardless of what other button presses or internal state it might have.