Silvercrest / Lidl Smarthome

Could be that each advanced device will need a quirk in ZHA Devices Handlers to access all attributes.

Check out the “ZHA EXCEPTION AND DEVIATION HANDLING” section in the ZHA documentation:

2 Likes

I tried to add the Window/Door sensor through Phoscon (on a ConBee II) but nothing is detected.

So my options are:

• Return it;
  • Wait for a deCONZ update (how long does it usually take for a device to be added?);
  • Do something, maybe in deCONZ GUI, to make Phoscon recognize it (how?).

What should I do in this case? Sorry for the dumb/n00b question, I’m fairly new to this.

What is the best option to use with Lidl Sensors Conbee II or Sonoff ZB Bridge (Tasmota)?

I just understood. Sounds very strange, but you can´t mix color_temp, kelvin and brightness within the same service.
Apparently, this problem appears with others bulbs :slight_smile:

I would recommend conbee II. So you can integrate almost all types of zigbee devices

After first tests I can confirm:

Gateway
The board matches exactly the TYGWZ01 pictures of the FCC
The Lidl Home app is a copy of the Tuya Smart with less functions.
Unfortunately I was not able to add the gateway to the Tuya app which would have allowed to use tuyapi

Power strip
In the official app you can toggle the 3 outlets, but USB is always on (as mentioned above), even if main power switch is off.

200 LED strip christmas light IP44
In the official app there is: color with brightness or 16 scenes with following options:

[Name] [Options]
Steady (color)
Snow (color, speed)
Rainbow (speed)
Snake (color list up to 6, speed)
Twinkle (color list up to 2, speed)
Fireworks (color, speed)
Horizontal Flag (color list up to 3, speed)
Waves (color list up to 3, speed)
Updown (color list up to 2, speed
Vintage (color, speed)
Fading (color, speed)
Collide (color, speed)
Strobe (color list up to 5, speed)
Sparkles (color list up to 3, speed)
Carnival (color list up to 6, speed)
Glow (color list up to 6, speed)
2 Likes

Unfortunately I was not able to add the gateway to the Tuya app which would have allowed to use tuyapi

Actually, this does seem to work. In the TuyaSmart app you’re able to add the SilverCrest gateway. It seems like you need to add the gateway as a Zigbee port instead of Zigbee gateway. After that, you can add other Zigbee devices and use the Tuya Integration in HA to control them.

If you won’t see any Tuya devices in HA, call one of the Tuya services in HA to force an update or just reload the Tuya Integration. I even had to create so called “Tap-to-run” events in the TuyaSmart app to workaround devices which couldn’t be found in HA (the Tuya Integration in HA is able to find these created events as well).

Although this works, I’m still about to buy a ConBee II instead of using online services and using all these workarounds to get things done. But for now, ey it works.

1 Like

I have just updated Tuya app on my android device and now it seems to recognize the Lidl zigbee gateway. It seems to work as if it was a Tuya original gateway. You can also add all the other Lidl zigbee devices (I have the remote and 4 bulbs and they work seamlessly)
I think this is good news and Lidl devices remain a good option.

1 Like

Got my order in today here at the Netherlands. My findings so far: Lidl has released a bunch of inexpensive Zigbee 3.0 certified smart devices

After the second motion sensor i found the way that is working for me flawlessly with the sonoff Zbbridge flashed with Tasmota:

1. power on the device and put the lid back on so the button on the rear gets activated.

2. In home assistant, go to your zigbee coordinator, click ‘add new devices’ and then ‘show logs’. (is not required but i like to see stuff popping up.)

3. Reset the sensor with the small pin on the right side for about 5 seconds until the top light flashes green.

Wait about 30 seconds and it should connect just fine

Have you integrated your deCONZ into HA (or Node Red) ? Some Zigbee devices do not show up as actual entities, but they generate events which can be seen in HA (or Node Red) and these events can then be used to trigger automations.

deCONZ is integrated into HA through the Phoscon app, but Phoscon was never able to even detect the sensor.

Well the Xmas lights do pair with ZHA but only gives us ON/OFF and brightness (for white light).
The Zigbee signature is

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(byte1=1, byte2=64, mac_capability_flags=142, manufacturer_code=4098, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=0)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0102",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0008",
        "0x0300",
        "0xef00"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x000a",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    },
    "242": {
      "profile_id": 41440,
      "device_type": "0x0102",
      "in_clusters": [],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x0021"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "_TZE200_s8gkrkxk",
  "model": "TS0601",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

The device name generated by ZHA does mention color but unfortunately not working.
We do need a new quirck to make it work I guess.

added:
device_type: 0x102 = colour dimmable light
in_clusters: 0x300 = color control
So seems it does have the required functions.

Was the sensor detected in the deconz app through VNC ? If so then you should be able to detect the sensor events in HA. (Developer tools | Events | Listen to events | deconz_event). Also, reading the cluster properties in deconz while Phoscon is searching for new devices may force the device to show up in Phoscon.

I use ZHA with a Sonoff ZBBridge. Bought the christmas lights, but not working yet.
Found this:
https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/3716
But have no clue how to put this to work in HA / ZHA. Maybe someone can help me in the right direction?

1 Like

I can try that. How do I know if it’s detected in the deCONZ app? Does it just show up when I reset the sensor? I still haven’t figured out how that app works.

Only the lights and the power plug work with Hue.

There are cases where devices don’t appear in Phoscon but show up in the deConz network map (search Reddit for good examples and some solutions) To check if your device is showing up in deConz first open up the deConz app instead of Phoscon. You will see your network map in VNC. You should recognise all your connected end devices and the routers they are connected to. Your new sensor may already be there. If not you can try pairing it again through Phoscon and come back to deConz to see if it has appeared. You can also pair directly through the deConz app using the “Permit Join” function under the deConz Edit menu - however there is a warning to pair sensors through the web app. I’m not sure what app that warning is referring to.

Thanks, this made me pair all devices.
Not using Tuya Integration anymore, migrated to Conbee II / ZHA now. Much better!

1 Like