Simple and Effective Alerting

You might get more answers, if you would actually show, what is not working, ie. the code from the dashboard where the notification should show. :slight_smile: You showed only the things that work. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I missed this reply.

I don’t know what code to do in the dashboard to show alerts. I have none. I don’t think I saw it in the instructions.

There isn’t anything that automatically shows those alerts on the dashboards, you have to manually build your lovelace dashboards using yaml and custom cards to get this effect. See link to instructions above.

I explain,

Putting it all together, this regular expression pattern matches entity IDs that:

• Start with “alert.”
  • Have any characters (or none) after “alert.”
  • End with “_warn_alert_active.”

So, it will match entity IDs like “alert_something_warn_alert_active,” “alert_warn_alert_active,” “alert_x_warn_alert_active,” and so on, as long as they follow this pattern. It’s a way to dynamically match multiple entities with similar names that follow a certain naming convention.

look this example in the post:

alert:
  garage_door_info_alert_active:
    name: Garage Door Alert Active
    entity_id: binary_sensor.garage_door_alert_active
    state: "on"
    repeat:
    can_acknowledge: true
    skip_first: true
    title: "7580 Info - Garage Door Open"
      Garage Door open for {{ relative_time(states.binary_sensor.garage_door_alert_active.last_changed) }} \  
      Alerts on: {{ expand('group.garage_doors') | selectattr('state', 'eq', 'on') | map(attribute='attributes.friendly_name') | list | join(', ') }} \ 
      Triggered: {{ as_timestamp(states.binary_sensor.garage_door_alert_active.last_changed) | timestamp_custom('%A %I:%M%p (%d-%b-%Y)') }}
    done_message: "Garage Door Alert RESOLVED at {{ as_timestamp(states.binary_sensor.garage_door_alert_active.last_changed) | timestamp_custom('%A %I:%M%p (%d-%b-%Y)') }}"
    notifiers:
      - STD_Information

Try something like this :slight_smile:

alert:
  cold_plunge_low_flow_info_alert_active:
    name: Cold plunge low flow Alert Active
    entity_id: binary_sensor.cold_plunge_low_flow_info_alert_active   #YOUR BINARY or NORMAL SENSOR  that shows ON/OFF state for TRIGGER this ALERT
    state: "on"
    repeat:
    can_acknowledge: true
    skip_first: true
      Cold plunge flow is low. Cold plunge chiller disabled. Change filter if needed, check valves open, and restart cold plunge chiller.
    notifiers:
      - STD_Information  #Your notifier as in notify.YOURID
2 Likes
      Garage Door open for {{ relative_time(states.binary_sensor.garage_door_alert_active.last_changed) }} \  
      Alerts on: {{ expand('group.garage_doors') | selectattr('state', 'eq', 'on') | map(attribute='attributes.friendly_name') | list | join(', ') }} \ 
      Triggered: {{ as_timestamp(states.binary_sensor.garage_door_alert_active.last_changed) | timestamp_custom('%A %I:%M%p (%d-%b-%Y)') }}
    done_message: "Garage Door Alert RESOLVED at {{ as_timestamp(states.binary_sensor.garage_door_alert_active.last_changed) | timestamp_custom('%A %I:%M%p (%d-%b-%Y)') }}"

only title title: title: “7580 Info - Garage Door Open”`works