Simple frontend editing for noobs

I was wondering if there is some kind of widget way to create this control panel? The developers at OpenHAB 2 have a great user friendly way of doing this. check this out.

Now I know that you guys have the Home Assistant Dashboard and Floor plan but they are not so easy to use as Drag and Drop.

As a new potential user, I find the GUI to be the most important part. As this is where we will spend most of our time when all is configured. So my question, is it possible to have a similar design process for the GUI as the guys at OpenHAB 2 have?

I really like the cards/blocks idea. One block all the stuff for the Bedroom, another one for the Bathroom and so. With some white spaces in between to make it less busy, just like the one from the example.

Thank you for your help.

See the end of this thread.

am i right and you are talking about grouping switches, lights and so on. why don’t you do that in the groups.yaml?

Mine looks like this and groups the rooms (and this two sensors) in the frontend:

LivingRoom:
  - switch.htpc
  - media_player.wohnzimmertv
  - switch.deckenfluter
  - light.wohnzimmer
Kitchen:
  - media_player.kuchenradio
  - light.lightstrip
BedRoom:
  - light.schlafzimmer
  - media_player.schlafzimmertv
WeatherMonitor:
  - sensor.date__time
  - sensor.hohe_warte_temperature
  - sensor.hohe_warte_humidity
  - sensor.hohe_warte_precipitation
  - sensor.hohe_warte_wind_speed
  - sensor.hohe_warte_wind_bearing
Speed:
  - sensor.speedtest_ping
  - sensor.speedtest_download
  - sensor.speedtest_upload

Good morning loki, you are correct. that’s what I’m looking for. But I’m pretty new to HA and an still figuring out if it can provide the frontend that I want to use.

Is it possible for you to post a screenshot of your frontend? I like it when stuff is divided by rooms and there’s some white space between them. I also like to change the icons from sliders to a light bulb icon for example.