Simple Scheduler Addon

No clue.
I just create a scheduler exactly like yours in my test environment.
I will monitor to see if I’m able to get the same behavior.

Hi @TvNuland you are right.
I was able to replicate this strange behavior. It’s definitely a bug.
I will try to fix it ASAP

Thank you!
Just a wild guess - could the interval between the two executions have anything to do with the shift of the sunrise time from this day to the next?

In the logbook I get this (another script especially for testing this):

Thank you @TvNuland for your help.
I’m still investigating… It is difficult to debug because I have to “simulate” the sunrise time on the test server.
BTW I’ve open an issue (#87) on my github, so you can write anything useful there:

Thanks for your scheduler component, I use it all the time. One feature request, and that is controlling an input_number. I use input_number helper to control some thermostats, and I would love to adjust them with the scheduler.

Just write a script to set the temperature from the input_number, and then call the script from the addon.

Hiya,
I’m new to HA but an old hand at making things simple.

Key thoughts:

• how to hide complexity, yet retain function
  • Keep it easy for all
  • The lighting case is simply an example of Rich Attributes :smirk:

I think for smart lights, existing UI’s give plenty to consider.

One suggestion:

• Bite the bullet and recognize complex attributes may need their ownsetup/config UI.
  • Allow named aliases that reference one or more real settings
  • Aliases can be categorized for UI grouping
  • Categories or Lone aliases have UI Type (check, radio, dropdown aka choose any, choose one, choose one but hide the list :rofl:)

Given that, selecting attributes in simple Scheduler becomes a matter of which category(s) apply. Then pick as defined by the category.

For a light you are really only going to have one set chosen, unless you want lighting dynamics (gradients, loops, etc)

Hi
The MQTT function seems not working.
The switch is not created when a new schedule is created.

if I start the simple scheduler program I see that below in the MQTT listener

Message 26 reçu sur homeassistant/switch/simplescheduler/availability à 14:53 :

QoS: 0 - Retain: false

Message 25 reçu sur homeassistant/switch/simplescheduler/availability à 14:53 :

QoS: 0 - Retain: false

it seems that the simple scheduler server send an online status and a offline just after.

below the simple scheduler journal
[14:53:39] INFO: Starting web server
PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /var/www/html/mqttlistner.php on line 57
PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /var/www/html/mqttlistner.php on line 58
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /var/www/html/mqttlistner.php on line 57
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /var/www/html/mqttlistner.php on line 58
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name in /var/www/html/mqttlistner.php on line 59
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to slugify() must be of the type string, null given, called in /var/www/html/mqttlistner.php on line 59 and defined in /var/www/html/lib.php:542
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/mqttlistner.php(59): slugify()
#1 /var/www/html/mqttlistner.php(26): refresh_switches()
#2 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/lib.php on line 542
PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name in /var/www/html/mqttlistner.php on line 59
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to slugify() must be of the type string, null given, called in /var/www/html/mqttlistner.php on line 59 and defined in /var/www/html/lib.php:542
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/mqttlistner.php(59): slugify()
#1 /var/www/html/mqttlistner.php(26): refresh_switches()
#2 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/lib.php on line 542

Thanks
SD

Yes, there are many issues with MQTT, due to the library I use.
That’s why I rewrote the whole addon in python from scratch.
It’s currently under testing, but It is indeed more stable and reliable (especially MQTT)
Please, be patient for a while

Thank you for your fast reply!

I just tried to update to the new 2.0 beta but got this supervisor error:

22-11-30 08:12:48 INFO (SyncWorker_6) [supervisor.docker.addon] Updating image 00185a40/amd64-addon-simplescheduler:0.64 to 00185a40/amd64-addon-simplescheduler:2.0 (beta)
22-11-30 08:12:48 ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [supervisor.docker.addon] Invalid build environment, can't build this add-on!
1 Like

What is the best way to revert back to 0.64? v2.0 won’t install on my system and crashes out during installation.

After installing version 2.04 i get the following error and the web-ui is not opened:

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
cont-init: info: running /etc/cont-init.d/00-banner.sh
-----------------------------------------------------------
 Add-on: Simple Scheduler
 Simple timer on weekly base
 Add-on version: 2.0.4
 You are running the latest version of this add-on.
 System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)  (armv7 / raspberrypi3)
 Home Assistant Core: 2022.11.4
 Home Assistant Supervisor: 2022.11.2
 Please, share the above information when looking for help
 or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums or the Discord chat.
cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/00-banner.sh exited 0
cont-init: info: running /etc/cont-init.d/01-log-level.sh
cont-init: info: /etc/cont-init.d/01-log-level.sh exited 0
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun interface (no readiness notification)
services-up: info: copying legacy longrun scheduler (no readiness notification)
s6-supervise interface: warning: unable to spawn ./run - waiting 10 seconds
s6-supervise interface (child): fatal: unable to exec run: Permission denied
s6-supervise scheduler (child): fatal: unable to exec run: Permission denied

What could be going wrong here?
Thanks!

You should just need to make sure it’s started. v2 crashing out during install means .64 should still be there. That’s the way it’s been on my system at least.

Also, since sometime late yesterday, v2 seems to have been pulled as it no longer shows up as an update.

Sorry guys, I just found out that there are different permissions when the add-on is installed from the online repository vs local installation.
Just be patient, I’m trying to figure it out.

Tried to install 2.0 beta but install did not complete due to missing aarch64/python:3.10-slim!

Got the same error. Created an issue on the github page.

I’ve just published a new temporary version, quickly built on a different base image.

In this version the log doesn’t appear in the addon log section (but you can read them from the simplescheduler.log file in the share folder). Also, the processes are not running as a daemon, so in case of crash they won’t respawn (but they never crashed in one month of testing)

I repeat: this is temporary, meanwhile I am trying to figure out why the official docker container for HA addons doesn’t work. It’s just a quick fix for those who got stuck…

EDIT: apparently this temporary image (which is python official image from docker) does not support aarch64. I will try to find out a quick workaround.

EDIT 2: aarch64 is now called arm64v8. I changed the build file. Don’t have the hardware to test it, but it should work now (I hope)

Just updated 2.0.14 and after the update the page loads but wont let me interact with anything. After uninstalling and reinstalling 2.0.15 showed up and I updated to that. and still I can’t interact with anything. I have tried to rebuild also and it didn’t help. Any ideas?

Can you please post here the error?

I don’t get any error on the page itself. Here are the errors from the log.
[2022-12-02 01:46:15] ERROR: Unable to obtain timezone from Home Assistant
[2022-12-02 01:50:00] ERROR: Unable to obtain entities names from Home Assistant

The timezone on the bottom of the page is correct.