Simple Scheduler Addon

Hey great work!
I will test the beta right away and report, mega that you have now also built in conditions!

1 Like

hey, it came as it had to come: if dawn starts earlier than the defined switch-off time, then switch-on and switch-off are set incorrectly and the entity is not switched off :frowning:

Here is my log from this morning:

[2024-03-10 07:24:00] SCHED: Executing OFF actions for [light-hose-morning]

[2024-03-10 07:24:00] SCHED: Turning OFF [myDimmerBox (dimmerBox#brightness)]

[2024-03-10 07:24:05] SCHED: [myDimmerBox (dimmerBox#brightness)] is OFF as requested!

[2024-03-10 07:30:00] SCHED: Executing ON actions for [Lichterschlauch-morgens]

[2024-03-10 07:30:00] SCHED: Turning ON [myDimmerBox (dimmerBox#brightness)] to 68%

[2024-03-10 07:30:05] SCHED: [myDimmerBox (dimmerBox#brightness)] is ON as requested!

The same will also occur at dusk with increasingly longer days. :frowning:

Is there already a solution for this problem?

hi @wobeco,
Can you add a screenshot of the schedulers?

sure …

local sunrise and sunset are
Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 16-57-36 Scheduler – Home Assistant

This is not an issue. It’s a configuration tuning.
I dont’ understand why you are using a mixed solution with a fixed time (6:30) and a relative time (sunrise+30)
If this are morning light, you should bond them to sunrise in both ON and OFF actions…
Why aren’t you using SUNRISE (with or without offset) also in the ON action?

EDIT
on SATURDAY/SUNDAY you could use SUNRISE+15>B68 in the ON action

It is the control (depending on the day of the week) for staircase lighting: ON in the morning at a defined time, then OFF according to sunrise and thus sufficient brightness in the staircase.

In the evening, vice versa: ON at dusk, when it gets dark in the stairwell, OFF at a set time.

Oh, I get it.
They are internal light. I assume the were external.
Does it extends also on work days?

Yes, it’s because the fixed start times come AFTER the switch-off time as the sun rises earlier and earlier.

EDIT:
I would actually want to store a logic like:

if ON time according to condition is later than OFF time according to condition, then no action

or something like that :wink:

You could achieve that in several ways

Template condition
Find a template test that suits you and put it in the scheduler template field. When the condition is false the scheduler is not executed. But, you have to split the scheduler into 3 ones, based on turn-on time.

Script
Create a script that does the check and turns on and off the light. Call the script from the scheduler (only in the on time).

Different Schedulers
Create two schedulers for the ON (and two for the OFF). One scheduler works well before the “inversion” and the other one after the “inversion”. Keep one scheduler disabled. On the first day of inversion, switch them. It should be twice a year.

Thanks for the solutions - I will choose a suitable one.
thx for your time :slight_smile:

With splitted scheduler into 3 ones AND the addition

{{ is_state('sun.sun', 'below_horizon') }}

as a condition template, it now seems to run without errors.
Thanks again.

Glad to hear that!
Enjoy my addon!

me again :wink:
Since HA-core 2024.4.x, the switch-off function no longer seems to work; only the switch-on function appears in the LOG, no other errors

This only takes place with the morning schedules - the evening schedules work without errors.

[2024-04-08 06:30:00] SCHED: Executing ON actions for [Lichterschlauch-morgens]
[2024-04-08 06:30:00] SCHED: Turning ON [myDimmerBox (dimmerBox#brightness)] to 68%
[2024-04-08 06:30:05] SCHED: [myDimmerBox (dimmerBox#brightness)] is ON as requested!

Assuming that the check in the condition template is only checked when switching on, the switch-off process should take place at the current time SUNRISE+30 around 07:15 a.m. - which does not happen :frowning:

This is not correct. The template is checked both for ON and OFF
This could be the issue here.

If you enable the debug in the setting, you will also see in the log the check operation and its result.
Remember to turn off the debug ASAP, because the log file could become huge.

THAT was an important hint - thank you

Would it be possible to implement a separate check for start and end?

Hello, perhaps I have overlooked the implementation? The above-mentioned problem still exists and will probably only become obsolete if the sun rises after 6:57am.
Or are there other solutions to the problem described above?
Thx.

The only way at the moment is to split the ON and OFF in two differents scheduler.

works … thx

Hi is possible to set simple scheduler to trigger automation? not mean ON/OFF automation thank you

yes, it is possible.