Simple way to add Tuya items added

Hi everyone. I am new to this Home Assistant.
I am running this on Raspberry and all is fine; however Tuya items are not added.
Reading all posts here confuses me, as there are so many issues.
And registering to IOT Tuya requires so much information, including my bank-details… pfff

Any simple instructions to get my Tuya outlets etc added would be appreciated very much.

You don’t need bank details for tuya iot.

There should be a free account option.

Perhaps have a look at Mark watts YouTube channel.

Although you may have to find an earlier vid, not sure if that one specifically talks about setup

1 Like

Thanks fopr your quick reply. I did not succeed to register.
Later I got this email from TUYA:

2022-04-13 16:48
Dear user,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
Since we no longer support Home Assistant, products that previously supported Home Assistant will continue to support it. Previously unsupported products and new products will no longer support Home Assistant. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Hope you have a nice day,

Kiko.

1 Like

Skip Tuya.V2 , install Local_Tuya , and sign-up for Dev.Account on tuya.iot, there are several detailed descriptions on how to sign-up for “basic” dev-account here in the forum … beside above, here is another youtube(thou i never watched any, as i prefer txt explanation) , which there are also several of.

How Tuya knows you want to use Homeassistant, i don’t know, maybe you just wrote that to them, and got a "convenient " answer back :wink:
I have 8 devices in Local_Tuya, (and ofcause in my “project” on Tuya.iot ) none of them is Tuya (it’s Nedis and Deltaco Devices) Which i ofcause added first to Tuya Smart APP on my Android.

You install Local_Tuya via HACS (where there also are info) , and below few topics you can get additional help, if you search in these

https://community.home-assistant.io/search?q=tuya%20local

1 Like