SimpliSafe questions

I ask because I wanted to trigger all lights to come on when alarm is triggered. It might come after 2 minutes and really triggers to call you?

Also curious if anyway to get a trigger when arming starts for away, I get it when it’s armed, but if I have a 2 minute delay, I don’t get it at try start

Especially with the latest release, triggered events should happen very quickly. If you log into the SimpliSafe web app and go to the timeline, can you scroll back and find a time where in alarm was triggered? If you wouldn’t mind posting a screenshot of that, I’d love to see it. Thanks!

I will update to the latest, trigger, and see if automation fires and send screenshot of simplisafe this weekend

1 Like

I was able to see Camera Detected Motion in last_event_info, but am no longer seeing that lately. Not sure if it is something that I did in my Simplisafe settings or if something changed in the integration.

Even when the system was not armed (home or away) I would get motion notifications on my phone (via Simplisafe) and I would see the attributes change in HomeAssistant. Lately all I see are just system arming and disarming events.

I am running 106.2 and was likely working in the 105.x versions of HA

File an issue on GitHub at @-mention me, please.

I finally updated, I’m on 107.1 now, I will do the trigger test, but also wanted to say I noticed recently that if I disarm from the keypad, HA doesn’t update, it still thinks it’s armed status…

I can still have triggers in HA arm and disarm, and it works from the UI, but is it suppose to be polling for status changes?

I will try to test more and can file on GitHub as well, live has been crazy trying to work with 2 kids at home

107.1 is several patches behind (and SimpliSafe updates were added around .3). Can you upgrade to 107.6 and try again?

updated, on 107.6 now, will test tomorrow hopefully!

Thanks! I have the updater turned to send me a push but didn’t get any notifications, maybe i have something wrong there too, will check that out

1 Like

107.6 fixed the status updates for sure, thanks! I will test a trigger soon

1 Like

I just tested the alarm triggered and it doesn’t fire…

the automation is…

Trigger Type: State
Entity: alarm_control_panel.xxx_xxx_xxx_alarm_control_panel
To: triggered

The action is…

Action type: call service
Service: notify.pushover
Service data:

data:
priority: 1

I have the exact same automation, but for disarmed and armed, just changing the word “triggered” to “disarmed” or “armed” and those both work fine and send me the pushover message

Here are the screenshots…

This is the notifications

Google Photos

This is the timeline…

Google Photos

So this morning, disarmed from the physical simplisafe panel and HA did not update. I tested and that worked multiple times the other day after I upgraded to 107.6

I will restart and see if anything changes

Thanks for this info! Looks like I’m not properly capturing these events. I would love your help in tracking down the internal IDs that SimpliSafe uses to describe them:

1. Clone the latest version of simplisafe-python and cd into it:
$ git clone https://github.com/bachya/simplisafe-python.git
$ cd simplisafe-python/
  1. Set up and activate a Python virtual environment:
$ python3 -m virtualenv .venv
$ source .venv/bin/activate
  1. Initialize the dev environment for simplisafe-python:
$ script/setup
  1. Open examples/test_events.py in a text editor and put your SimpliSafe
    username and password into lines 11-12, respectively – once you’re done,
    save and close the file:
SIMPLISAFE_EMAIL = "<EMAIL>"  # nosec
SIMPLISAFE_PASSWORD = "<PASSWORD>"  # nosec
  1. Back on the command line, run examples/test_events.py:
$ python3 examples/test_events.py

This will output a big block of JSON. I’m looking for the eventCid value for each of those events (“Alarm Triggered” and “Alarm Canceled”).

Thanks for your help!

‘eventCid’: 1134
Alarm Alert! Your SimpliSafe Security System was triggered

‘eventCid’: 1406
SimpliSafe Alarm Canceled

I think there are multiple disarmed types, would want to cover them all…

‘eventCid’: 1407
System Disarmed by Remote

‘eventCid’: 1400
System Disarmed by Master PIN

I’m curious if different event shows up with other pins, like non master pins, I will have to test this…

Here are the armed ones…

‘eventCid’: 3441
System Armed (Home) by Remote Management

I will need to arm with the keypad with master and without master, I didn’t have those events…

I will get more…

David

‘eventCid’: 1400
System Disarmed by PIN 2

So disarm is the same it seems…

‘eventCid’: 3441
System Armed (Home) by Keypad

So arming seems to both be 3441 for remote and keypad as well

‘eventCid’: 9401
Exit Delay Countdown Triggered for Away Mode by Keypad

I can try to see if exit delay remote is the same, and if disarm from away remote vs keypad master vs keypad other pin is the same later, my wife started to get mad with my messing with alarm system

Also, and this will be harder to try with everyone stuck at home, after 2 minutes of an alarm trigger, there is probably another event that dispatch has been called. I could test that later, if you answer and give passcode, dispatch will stop. If you don’t answer, maybe even a 3rd event that police are coming, I can’t test that, we have fines for false alarms here…

Thanks @dkmcgowan. Understood on fines for false alarms; we’re in the same position. Whatever eventCid values you can send (other than the ones I already have: https://github.com/bachya/simplisafe-python/blob/f8d7fa4c34146bc885b74f4b7fa38ed3dc4ee9a9/simplipy/websocket.py#L49-L81) are appreciated.

What’s interesting is that my library already has 1134, so the integration should already been changing the alarm control panel’s state to triggered

Maybe it’s the automation?

- id: alarm_triggered
  alias: Alarm Triggered
  trigger:
  - entity_id: alarm_control_panel.XXXX_XXXXXX_XXXXXX_alarm_control_panel
    platform: state
    to: triggered
  action:
  - data:
      data:
        priority: 1
    service: notify.pushover

I checked in the UI and the entity is checked and in the list and correct.