Sinope Line Voltage Thermostats

What is the latest firmware?

Don’t know if Sinopé can disclose this on there website. I’m gonna ask them

Hi, not sure if it helps, all my GT130-connected TH1123/1124ZB run SW 0.6.8 (HW rev. 2)

@bobgratton does your TH1124ZB have the «out» on the display ?

yes. I can turn the feature on/off via Neviweb. In rare occasions the “out” temp does not display, I contacted support and it seems to be happening when their weather service is offline (e.g. during the last AWS outage)

Yes when they stop sending outside temperature the thermostat revert to room temperature. But if we send our own outside temperature the thermostat keep its «out» display.

My guess is the V1 display did not include and “out” label next to the secondary temp indicator.
I just wish it could be turned off on newer thermostats.

Answer from Sinopé. The missing «out» is firmware V1. Those who have V2 will have the out bonus.
Latest firmware for TH1124ZB is 0.6.8 (December 2021)
There is no programmation to remove the «out» on V2 thermostat. Sorry
But Sinopé is becomming more and more open for HA and better support :slight_smile:

1 Like

Patch to zha-device-handlers to add light and dimmer specific cluster attributes for Timer set, lock keypad, led color and intensity, load connected have been merge in dev branch. Should appear soon in next HA update.

I just find something about Éco Sinopé and that was confirm by Sinopé. During a DR period, if you manually change the setpoint of a thermostat it will switch to optOut operation and wont’t go back to DR until next Hydro peak period. But if you have like now three days of Hydro peak then that thermostat won’t go back to DR mode for the complete three days. This is the same with the load controller. So better check if somebody touch the thermostat it won’t do any DR operation. Maybe you can lock the keypad :slight_smile:

Thank you. Portainer installed! all done. Now, the switch reports 30.701 kWh instead of 30701 kWh (would have been nice to only keep the last 2 digits after the decimal but now, I am pushing it :slightly_smiling_face: ).

Merci Etienne!

just replace line 27 in switch.py by
value = round(value / 1000, 2)
@EtienneMD you can push it into your PR ?

Why exactly do we want to round the value up or down? Thermostats all display power usage down to the Wh. Personally I’d rather keep accurate data, but if consensus is to change the received value from the switch, I can change the PR.

All my other Sinopé devices display with three decimals so it is better to keep it like this and use a sensor to round it as you like.

That’s my opinion as well. We shouldn’t discard data for the sake of simplicity. You can always display the info in Lovelace the way you want it, but the backend data should remain unchanged.

1 Like

I was just being picky, don’t mind me. I will keep it the way it is… Now, I upgraded to core-2021.12.9 and guess what, I have to copy switch.py again, will do that next. It was probably not merged in yet.
Thanks
Stéphane

Hello Claudegel,
I need your guidance to configure my Sinope with home assistant, I try to understand from Github,
As I am a mechanical designers, I have very very basic knowledge in coding. I am trying to understand the Github details but all is over my head. if you have some time can i contact you through email.
Regards
Vinod

Stéphane, see post #928. New easier way of loading custom quirks that is unaffected by core updates.

Ça va te faciliter la vie pas mal :wink:

Please open an issue in Github for the custom_component you want to install and I’ll guide you for the installation. Pick any of the three component that match the one you want to install and click on issues button then open a new issue.

choose between sinope-1, sinope-130 and sinope-gt125 then open an issue and i’ll guide you

I’ve update my automation to set automatically the peak mode upon reception of Hydro email.
I’ve found out that if a DR period last more then a day, the sensors sensor.wintercredit6_9h and
sensor.wintercredit16_20h are not set to 0 after the DR period and stay at there old value. This way it will work if a new DR email come in for morning, evening or both.

###############################################
 stop mode peak when there is no peak for the next morning period
  - id: stop morning peak
    alias: stop morning peak
    initial_state: true
    trigger:
      platform: time
      at:
        - "20:16:00"
    condition:
      condition: template
      value_template: >
        {{ states('sensor.wintercredit6_9h') < states('sensor.today_number') }}
    action:
      service: input_boolean.turn_off
      entity_id: input_boolean.avis_hydro

#    stop mode peak when there is no peak for the next evening period
  - id: stop evening peak
    alias: stop evening peak
    initial_state: true
    trigger:
      platform: time
      at:
        - "20:15:00"
    condition:
      condition: template
      value_template: >
        {{ states('sensor.wintercredit16_20h') < states('sensor.today_number') }}
    action:
      service: input_boolean.turn_off
      entity_id: input_boolean.avis_hydro_soir
2 Likes