Sinope Line Voltage Thermostats

I’ve read somewhere that is was possible to copy all the zha-device-handlers file into config/custom_components/zha-device-handlers/zhaquirks and this one will be loaded in place of the original component.
I need to test that. If it work it would be easy to everybody to test some PR before it is released.

This comment got me thinking, and I found this.
I’ve just confirmed that it works with Claude’s new thermostat quirk. Makes this way easier.

I simply added this to my configuration and added switch.py and the updated thermostat.py inside that folder.

zha:
  custom_quirks_path: /config/zhaquirks/

Makes things super easy and it should survive a HA version update.

2 Likes

On an unrelated note, on some of my thermostats (TH1123ZB) have an out label below the outdoor temperature, while others (TH1124ZB) don’t.
@claudegel have you encountered a setting to turn this on or off in neviweb or a corresponding cluster?

It’s been bugging me for a while.

Did you check the firmware on those who don’t versus the other ? Is it just the TH1124ZB that miss the out
It should output the «out» when you send outside temp. But you need to send that outside temp at least each hour or it will revert to room temp.

All TH1123ZB display the out while the TH1124ZB don’t, all of them are being sent the outside temperature every half hour. All thermostats appear to be on the same firmware according to ZHA. The only difference I noticed is the TH1123ZB are hardware V2 while TH1124ZB are all hardware V1. If V1 if unable to display “out”, what I’d like is to turn it off on those that can for consistency.

What is the latest firmware?

Don’t know if Sinopé can disclose this on there website. I’m gonna ask them

Hi, not sure if it helps, all my GT130-connected TH1123/1124ZB run SW 0.6.8 (HW rev. 2)

@bobgratton does your TH1124ZB have the «out» on the display ?

yes. I can turn the feature on/off via Neviweb. In rare occasions the “out” temp does not display, I contacted support and it seems to be happening when their weather service is offline (e.g. during the last AWS outage)

Yes when they stop sending outside temperature the thermostat revert to room temperature. But if we send our own outside temperature the thermostat keep its «out» display.

My guess is the V1 display did not include and “out” label next to the secondary temp indicator.
I just wish it could be turned off on newer thermostats.

Answer from Sinopé. The missing «out» is firmware V1. Those who have V2 will have the out bonus.
Latest firmware for TH1124ZB is 0.6.8 (December 2021)
There is no programmation to remove the «out» on V2 thermostat. Sorry
But Sinopé is becomming more and more open for HA and better support :slight_smile:

1 Like

Patch to zha-device-handlers to add light and dimmer specific cluster attributes for Timer set, lock keypad, led color and intensity, load connected have been merge in dev branch. Should appear soon in next HA update.

I just find something about Éco Sinopé and that was confirm by Sinopé. During a DR period, if you manually change the setpoint of a thermostat it will switch to optOut operation and wont’t go back to DR until next Hydro peak period. But if you have like now three days of Hydro peak then that thermostat won’t go back to DR mode for the complete three days. This is the same with the load controller. So better check if somebody touch the thermostat it won’t do any DR operation. Maybe you can lock the keypad :slight_smile:

Thank you. Portainer installed! all done. Now, the switch reports 30.701 kWh instead of 30701 kWh (would have been nice to only keep the last 2 digits after the decimal but now, I am pushing it :slightly_smiling_face: ).

Merci Etienne!

just replace line 27 in switch.py by
value = round(value / 1000, 2)
@EtienneMD you can push it into your PR ?

Why exactly do we want to round the value up or down? Thermostats all display power usage down to the Wh. Personally I’d rather keep accurate data, but if consensus is to change the received value from the switch, I can change the PR.

All my other Sinopé devices display with three decimals so it is better to keep it like this and use a sensor to round it as you like.

That’s my opinion as well. We shouldn’t discard data for the sake of simplicity. You can always display the info in Lovelace the way you want it, but the backend data should remain unchanged.

1 Like