SIP client card, as intercom

Hi, thanks for such an awesome project!
My doorbell is VTO2202f-S2
So I was wondering, is video call working yet for both WAN and LAN? @willysoft80 what did you use for video?

I was using skype for my dashboard but is just too unreliable with its constant update.
If WAN video call working, it could also be very handy too for elderly house for auto-accepting vid call.

You can get video working, but you will need to configure it correctly. Mostly getting the codecs to work is the hard part, because the browser with the card, need to support the codecs the doorbell or other device uses.

But you can also use a camera entity. So if your doorbell has a rtsp stream you can create a camera entity for it. With rtspToWebrtc you can also wonā€™t get a delay.

There was also an attempt to insert a rtsp stream into a asterisk channel, so that might be added later.

If your new to asterisk and sip, you can look at the docs for more info, or ask in the discord server.

Hmm strange I cant get in the discord server, it says unable to accept invite.
I cant seem to find the custom sip card. I already added the SIP card in HACS.
But it wont show up in the dashboard, and when I add it manually it says :

type: custom:sipjs-card
Configuration Errors detected :
Custom element not found : sipjs-card

This is my config.yaml, is something conflicting ?

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

sensor:
  - platform: dahua_vto
    name: Dahua VTO
    host: 192.168.100.o
    username: admin
    password: oo
    scan_interval: 5

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    custom_components.webrtc: debug

shell_command:
  curl: "/usr/bin/curl {{ command }}"

lovelace:
  # ...
  resources:
    # ...
    - url: /webrtc/webrtc-camera.js?v2.2.0
      type: module

template:
  - trigger:
      - platform: event
        event_type: dahua_vto
        event_data:
          Code: DoorStatus
    binary_sensor:
      - name: Gerbang 
        state: "{{ trigger.event.data.Data.Status | string == 'Close' }}"
        device_class: door

telegram_bot:
  - platform: polling
    api_key: 5397doo
    allowed_chat_ids:
      - 37oo

notify:
  - platform: telegram
    name: Ded
    chat_id: 37oo

# It is possible to add multiple notifiers by using another chat_id
  # the example belows shows an additional notifier which sends messages to the bot which is added to a group

google:
  client_id: 10873oo
  client_secret: GOCoo

frontend:
  themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes

browser_mod:
  devices:
    62ff9374-968d2348: 
      name: server
    d13dea66-8bcd1402:
      name: viewingstation

Edit: I have to change it from javascript module to stylesheet in dashboard resources to make it appear, is it supposed to be like this?.

Weird about the discord invite. Are you logged in on discord?

Anyway, the card should be a js module. Maybe try adding it to resources manually. And make sure you refresh.

You can check the browser console for errors when loading the resource.

indeed, also when adding custom frontends , always clear cache, or try incognito mode first

Hello,

I am new here to SIP intercoms stuff.
I have some trouble integrating an intercom into HA using the already existing SIP server.
Are there any guides for how to do this without using Asterisk addon for SIP server?

Again, new here. Sorry if I misunderstood something :slight_smile:

Any kind of guideness is welcomed! Thanks!

what are you using as ā€œalready excisting sip serverā€?

Not sure because is not in my setup.
I think is some kind of DLink device where you can configure extensions and other stuff.
Like this one: http://dlink-me.com/pdf/DVX-1000-01-Datasheet.pdf

then its probably not supported , you need websocket extensions also
best to start working with the asterisk addon
you can also a new extension on your dlink whatever stuff, make sure asterisk register on it as a trunk to receive incoming calls
best to start reading some wiki and asterisk forums, you can find a lot there

1 Like

Ok. Thanks! :slight_smile:

What devices are connected to that dlink sip server? Why not remove the dlink and use asterisk instead?

Is a SIP intercom connected to that device. I will try to use Asterisk instead. :slight_smile:
Just wondered if it works to integrate SIP intercoms using existing servers.

Offcourse , everything is possible

Hi. People please help me. Itā€™s drivind me crazy. Iā€™ve spent a 1 month to get this working but without any sucess.
i have a ā€œgreyā€ IP address
Iā€™ve installed addon to HA, installed integration. Installed card. Added extensions to pjsip_custom.conf file. My devices (softphone and doorbell) connecting to asterisk addon. But i have next problemems and i cant figure out with them:

1. my doorbell and phone can successfully connect to my asterisk addon. But i canā€™t call from doorbell to a softphone or vise versa. Or canā€™t call to a HA card. Line is always busy. I mean i just wanted to test how asterisk server working with this. But something gets wrong. Addon logs runnig without errors. But i can do that if iā€™m using stanalone freepbx from vwmware instead of this addon.
  2. Card in lovelace canā€™t connect to server. Itā€™s always showing an error

i got this domain name through my Keenetic router. It has itā€™s own dynamic DNS service with SSL.
    it looks like this:

I can reach my home assistant instance with this domain with https://. Itā€™s working fine.
    SSL certificates storing on router.
    I even tried everything with my local IPbut i got same errors. Even with https://address:8089/ws. Moreover itā€™s not working with my dynamic DNS domain.

When iā€™m trying to call comeone from the card iā€™m getting this:

1. Also itā€™s impossible to add extensions in card as popups. I mean that if iā€™m trying to add extension thoriugh UI i canā€™t add it. It looks like this:

Here is my car configuration as well:

type: custom:sipjs-card
server: **.********.keenetic.pro
port: '8089'
button_size: '48'
state_color: true
auto_answer: false
hide_me: true
custom_title: titledfd
video: false
extensions:
  - person: person.cheese
    name: cheese
    extension: '100'
    secret: *********
    icon: mdi:monitor
  - person: person.ann
    name: ann
    extension: '101'
    secret: ********
    icon: mdi:monitor
custom:
  - name: softphone
    number: '201'
dtmfs: []
iceTimeout: 5
ringtone: ''
ringbacktone: ''
buttons: []

Please tell me what iā€™m doing wrong.

Hi,

This seems like an awesome card to have. I see via the thread the the github repo that there are a a few deferent card configurationsā€¦ which is the one used for the latest version of HA Home Assistant OS 8.2 ?

I already have a freepbx running and would the sip card to connect to the freepbx. I installed the card and configured websocket on freepbxā€¦ all of which is sitting behind the firewall so all local and no port issues but i cant seem to get HA and Freepbx taking in anywayā€¦

Hiā€¦ i managed to get connect to my FreePbxā€¦ What can i do to fix the card . This happens when an inbound call comes to HA. The call controls dont work in turn the call cant be answered . If auto answered is selected the call is fine.

Iā€™ve managed to get everything up and running on my computer browser, and also an a Fire HD device using the built-in browser. However Iā€™m unable to get the sound working when using Fully Kiosk, and the call never answers even though the popup loads and auto-answer is turned on. Iā€™ve checked my Fully Kiosk settings and SSL is set to allow self-signed certificates, and the microphone, speaker etc are all enabled. Itā€™s the same issue whether dialing into the FireHD, or from the FireHD to a different device.

Has anyone else had similar issues and able to suggest ways to get it working?

Do you use a theme? Otherwise can you share your dashboard yaml?

Check the browser logs. Do you have video enabled?

You can also ask on the discord server. Faster response there. HA-SIP

Hi all,

Iā€™ve followed the tutorial, but canā€™t seem to make it work.

Iā€™ve used the following configuration (first want to try to have everything work locally):

When I start the addon, the log shows following errors:

When I try making a call between to persons, nothing happens and I see the following in the log:

Any help would be appreciated,

Tom