SIP client card, as intercom

It is external. I will close it as soon as manage to make it work.

this my config for an extension:

[6000]
type=endpoint
context=default
disallow=all
allow=ulaw,alaw
allow=h264,vp8
auth=auth6000
aors=6000
rtp_symmetric=yes
force_rport=yes
rewrite_contact=yes
direct_media=yes
max_audio_streams=10
max_video_streams=10
from_domain=xxxx.com

[auth6000]
type=auth
auth_type=userpass
password=xxxx
username=6000

[6000]
type=aor
qualify_frequency=30
max_contacts=1
remove_existing=yes
remove_unavailable=yes

you dont need it to be open for testing, if your softphone / ha instance is all local
also best practice is to start local anyway

cause 5060 is not enough for calls external, you also need 10000-12000 RTP

and this my udp section, i use in router port forwarding from 9051 to 5060 , to make it less obvious for hacking :slight_smile:

[transport-udp]
type = transport
protocol = udp
bind=0.0.0.0:5060
local_net=192.168.0.0/24
local_net=10.8.0.0/24
local_net=172.30.32.0/24
external_media_address=mydomain.com
external_signaling_address=mydomain.com
external_signaling_port=9051

NOW IT WORKS! Thank you!
The next challenge to make video work. I have enabled video, but nothing has changed.

video should work, my hikvision sends h264

but remember, h264 is not supported on companion app
should work on laptop/chrome or with softphone , but make sure h264 is enabled, sometimes its default disabled on softphones

Also you will loose early media if you call to multiple extensions (group), asterisk cant handle video stream as early media (video before pickup) to multiple softphones

Is it possible to change pop up card size? It does not fit screen.

Hi! :slight_smile:

Can this card be used to receive calls? I am assembling a RPi doorbell using linphone (P2P).

Thanks,
anthonws.

do you have a sip server? That would be the first step.

2 Likes

Hey @nickrout ! No I don’t. I have a sip user registered for the doorbell, and another for myself, in sip.linphone.org, which is using Flexisip, IIUC.
Basically, I invoke “linphonecsh dial” in the RPi, as soon as I detect the GPIO event (button press) and at the moment I am using linphone client in my Android phone.
Would it possible to use linphone P2P?
I wanted to make the solution as lean as possible, but if I this is not possible and I need to get a SIP server, what would be the most low impact perf choice?

Cheers,
anthonws.

I am not 100% sure. But I think it will work with linphone.org as sip server.

Like this?

p.s. Will test it tomorrow. It’s late and don’t want to wake up the kids :stuck_out_tongue:
p.s.2 I forgot to place PASSWORD in the screenshot. The right server should be “sip:USERNAME:[email protected]”. Correct?

I don’t know, you’ll have to read the docs.

No that doesn’t work, the card is based on a wss connection… Linhome/linphone uses udp/TCP/tls

Best choice is to use asterisk, connect your RPI to call asterisk, and asterisk will call your linphone user or a group of users , so you receive a call on your softphone and Lovelace card

You can setup an trunk for sip.linphone.org , so you don’t need ports open

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

EDIT:

@pergola.fabio any tutorials for Home Assistant docker mode? Appreciate!

1 Like

Dumb question?
We have SIP server in our apartment building, every apartment have SIP phone for answering calls from gates/doors.

Is there any way to forward SIP call (UDP/TCP) from apartment SIP server to RPI HA asterisk addon and display video/audio through wss?

Yes, that’s possible, you can setup asterisk just as an extension like another sip phone, and on incoming call forward it to other users, like wss

1 Like

You can’t change the card size, but you can set the card in a panel dashboard to get it full screen.

new to this group -

trying to set up the “sip card” to an existing pbx in my home
and set up the “sip card” as an extension on that pbx

trying this - but where do I find my log file in HA?
don’t see an option in HACS nor under settings, system, logs

thx

1 Like

The log of the sip card? You can open the log by opening the developer tools of the chrome browser…
You will not find it in hacs

If you use the asterisk addon, then the log is present in the addon itself