SIP client card, as intercom

No, not yet at least.

Ideally it would be for all the users, so I will still try that. (maybe by getting the users directly from a file)

For now you can make a person for every device you want to call with.

yeah, but everyone in my house using HA? are using the same account to loginin HA :slight_smile:
i dont have persons

Stupid question again.how would I call from my phone Android with sip client to ha? That my goal in fact

Hmmā€¦

Then you do need pjsip if you want to call register multiple times. But when I was testing websocket I could not get it working with pjsip sadly.
So if pjsip works with wss and the Asterisk devs fix the pjsip bug, I could add a option to use pjsip for the auto added extensions?

Cant use devices, because most usecases you want to call a person, no matter what device.

But, I could add a option to the card to not register, that way you can call but not receive calls. So you only have to make persons for dashboards / mounted tablets?

My idea was to add this option that my family living in an onother country to call me on my wall mounted tablet. also what i did not get running yet is ti just callā€¦ i really read nad re read and cannot figure out how to make a call and how to configure every thing . lets say i use for testing two computers. My device ID needs to be known right? but how to set this up ?sorr but my knowledge is = 0 for pbx and coā€¦ but would be nice if we could make calls from outside the LAn via phone to home assistant dasbiard yes :slight_smile: Also from like my hass install to yoursā€¦ as a communication platformā€¦ that was my initial idea. ike this i would create persons for my families and setup a dashboard they only can access ā€¦ just a one page dashboard to call me ā€¦ is that possible if phone does not work then maybe just via dasboard? I would test if I get the video from mod_browser somehow integrated and then we could callā€¦

You have to config your phone client in Asterisk. So go to the /config folder of your HA server and go to asterisk/sip.conf. Add the extension for your phone there. You can search on google to see how to add your app to Asterisk.

For the old card, add your extension (your phone) to the clients. (you can put anything as the deviceID)

clients:
  Android_phone:
    aor: sip:<extension>@<your_HA_local_ip>
    username: <extension>

So for example:

clients:
  Android_phone:
    aor: sip:[email protected]
    username: 201

For the upcoming card:
Add your extension in the config of the add-on (To make/update a entity)

custom_extensions:
  - type: chan_sip
    name: AndroidPhone
    extension: '201'

These arenā€™t stupid questions, asterisk can be very complex and I havenā€™t made docs/guides for this.

Yeah, my purpose was to receive calls, but no problem, if doesnā€™t work with pjsip, i create personā€™s and ring groups , no big deals :slight_smile:

Thnx

That is a cool idea!

Havenā€™t tried calling outside lan yet, but it is possible to setup sip trunks in Asterisk to call outside your lan. And video will be integrated in the card later.

For the current/old card the setup is the same. But the ip of your pbx server is now the ip of your HA server.
Did you read this:

To add a client

1. first find the deviceID of your current HA client by typing localStorage["lovelace-player-device-id"] in the browser console. (F12) (You can also set your own deviceID by typing ?deviceID=<deviceID> behind your HA URL)
  2. Add your deviceID to clients and set all your settings. (If you only want to call to a SIP device, you dont need password, but you do need username to display).
  3. aor is sip:<extension>@<ip_of_pbx_server>. Example: sip:[email protected]
  4. You may need to accept the certificate if you get a 1006 error. With your client go to: https://<ip-address>:8089/ws.

Let me know if it helps! :slight_smile:

Sneak peak of the new card.

What do you think? Any ideas?

3 Likes

ā€¦or it could be like a badge/entity with picture and pressing on it will establish the call,
just a thought!

Was thinking about adding the persons picture.
Do you mean only a badge? How would you then show the status and which one you are registered as?

Great job, i hope you can do also early media (video) too all users , verry useful for door intercomā€¦ I can only manage early media (video) when I call to a single sipā€¦ Not on group calls

thank for the nice explanation. my phone requires username and password. I took username = extension (201) but password i put 0000 as no password given in config. can ich add secret or password in config? another questionā€¦ port is well 5060?

Pjsip should be 5060, chansip is 5160 ā€¦ Unless he changed default configā€¦

yes, indeed

You only need to set a password in your phone app and the sip.conf file.
The port for chan_sip is 5160. (cant use pjsip because that one is broken)

Hi, Iā€™m following this thread and just wanted to provide some feedbackā€¦ a video doorbell is a common use for an HA SIP Client card, so having the ability to configure and display an HA camera entity in your HA SIP card would be a good feature to have. I have also seen another HA SIP client card that can also make a SIP video media connection (as well as the SIP audio media connection), and when the call is connected, the HA SIP Card shows the SIP video media. The advantage of SIP video is that it avoids the delay that is incurred with the HA camera proxy.
Best Regards!

@TECHFox

This is amazing work !!! I however am having trouble following this thread and getting it to work. I have the addon installed and the card configured and visible to two of the user/persons created.

The card displays as expected but I am unable to make calls.

I am also at a loss as how to pull my Hikvision sip doorbell into this.

Any help given to me would be much appreciated.

If you put your hikvision doorbell in it, be aware, that you canā€™t use hikconnect anymoreā€¦ Al your indoor panel you need to connect to asterisk too , there is no early videoā€¦ Basically on hikvision you need to enter the chansip data, and change the floor nr to a SIP nrā€¦

You also need to make ring groups if you have more indoor panelsā€¦

For your sip card , you only added other people, not your self, i think thatā€™s why you are unable to call

Thanks for coming back, there is the confusion, I thought I had added myself pwcutajar. The kiosk entry is my wall tablet. I have since added browser mod (missed from above) and edited the card config. I still havenā€™t got local calling to work.