SIP Client

If I am correct, the kit comes with a router that will sit between your door system and your network. So, the routing between the Facila (192.168.243.0/24 network) and yours.

However, the documentation is pretty light. So, I don’t know what this IP interface will give you.

Depending on the price of this gateway and your wiring situation, it might be simpler (and cheaper) to go for a new kit with native SIP capabilities.

GV

it can also bought as ip node seperatly, if it supports SIP, i dont need the whole kit, dont need that router, just 1 node : https://shop.seculux.be/nl-be/facila-dt161-ip-module-104709

maybe the node isnt that expensive … no idea, i dont see prices on that shop :slight_smile:
changing a new, kit, i think thats more expensive, the intercom i have now, was like 700€
i have a outdoor kit, with code keypad so i can open the door and also 2 video intercoms for inside
no idea what a new SIP kit costs, but it will be more expensive i think

The GDS3710 I am using is less than 400 euros. Then, for the screen an android tablet is OK.
So, depending on the extra stuff you will need, it make sense to double check if changing the kit is cheaper or not.
You also need to understand what putting IP on your current doorbell will give you. The documentation doesn’t say that at all.
GV

thx, yeah, gonna wait on some feedback about that ip node

Hi guys, before the hijacking this thread looked very promising :wink:

I have a 2N doorbell I’m happy to beta-test things on, if it can help!

1 Like

Have you seen this : https://community.home-assistant.io/t/wip-doordroid-smart-doorbell-with-lovelace-integration-video-and-2-way-audio-without-cloud/118099 ? Something to share between the two projects?
GV

Maybe a WebRTC client that can talk to a CPaaS provider (Twilio, Nexmo, Apidaze,…) makes more sense? Feels more "web, lightweight & modern) than a full swing SIP stack.

@Tofandel @jiiins
Hello,
Thanks to the information provided in https://community.home-assistant.io/t/wip-doordroid-smart-doorbell-with-lovelace-integration-video-and-2-way-audio-without-cloud/118099 and additional support from @rdehuyss I have something that works !! My GDS 3710 calls my Android tablet and I can talk using webrtc. I am still working on some changes in doordroid.js provided by rdehuyss to improve the card. With my abyssal ignorance of javascript, my “improvements” are very likely offences to true JS developers. However, at least it starts doing what I want to do. I am still working on it but I should be able to post my design in a week or two.
GV

Hi,
I have been keenly following this thread. I am really keen to implement the same. Are you running any other equipment other than the GDS 3710 and Hassio and a tablet? Also how is the voice quality? any delays when speaking?

You need something between the GDS (which “speaks” SIP) and the tablet “speaking” webrtc. In my case, I am using freepbx (asterisk with a GUI). Without something in the middle taking care or the protocol conversion it won’t work. And the sound is really good. No delay.
GV

Hi GV,

in summary: when someone rings the bell, GDS makes a SIP call to FreePBX, which “forwards” the call to the WebRTC client registered. Correct?

I guess this works completely outside of HA? Or have you integrated it somehow?

It wouldn’t be on the HA forum if it was completely outside :wink:
The “integration” in HA is taking different forms:

• when someone rings on the GDS an input_boolean is turned on in HA and then, I can do “stuff”
  • the image of the gds and the sound of the call is integrated in a lovelace page (so I don’t need a sip phone on the tablet)
  • the door can be opened via a button in the lovelace interface, which can also do other “stuff” as it is also a boolean in HA
    This is a summary of what can be done.
    GV
2 Likes

Can you please share how?

The video of the GDS3710 is configured as a camera in HA using the RTSP flow.
The audio is the webrtc phone.
Everything is glued together using a custom card.
It is mostly based on what @rdehuyss did . The concept is described on his github page.
As I said, I will share my configuration in more detail a bit later. I am still tweaking it.
GV

Hi GV,
I am really interested in what you have done. I am realy keen to do the same. If you can post some simple instructions I would really appreciate it.
cheers
Mark

Can you describe what you already have in place?

• Asterisk or other IP PBX able to glue webrtc and sip?
  • GDS3710 ?
  • Android tablet (with a recent android version) ?
    Once you have that (and asterisk works for sip to sip phones), you are almost there!
    I’ll detail the various configs later this week-end or the coming week.
    GV

Hi GV,
I really don’t have anything at the moment. I have a firehd8 table with fully kiosk and an old video intercom that I want to replace. I really like all the features of the GDS3710, except the keypad, I would prefer only one button. So currently my options are the GDS3710, or to put a PI3 with camera into my old front panel of the video intercom. I am still looking for other options of intercom door stations that only have a single button.

For a video door bell only, no keypad (I don’t mind having one or not) and no rfid reader (that’s why I chose the GDS), you can go for the doorbird https://www.doorbird.com/downloads/datasheet_d101s_en.pdf
Single button and added bonus has an integration in HA.
As I was already running an ip pbx at home, the setup of the gds was not bothering me either.
I don’t know what kind of integration is possible with the doorbird.
GV

As explained few posts above, I have connected my Grandstream GDS3710 (a SIP enabled video door bell), a tablet running Android (and webrtc), using asterisk in between based on the doordroid.js card made available by @rdehuyss (Thanks a lot!!). I am now able to see and talk to the person ringing on the video door bell and opening the door (if I want to).
I have shared my project here https://community.home-assistant.io/t/sip-doorbell-android-tablet-and-ha-integration/136171?u=greengolfer

GV

2 Likes

Hi,

just wanted to add the ALP 600 as a possible option, as I don’t like the dial pad the GDS has. It always confuses visitors when they see something different than button - name and the ALP look smore like a traditional doorbell :slight_smile: