SIP Client

The video of the GDS3710 is configured as a camera in HA using the RTSP flow.
The audio is the webrtc phone.
Everything is glued together using a custom card.
It is mostly based on what @rdehuyss did . The concept is described on his github page.
As I said, I will share my configuration in more detail a bit later. I am still tweaking it.
GV

Hi GV,
I am really interested in what you have done. I am realy keen to do the same. If you can post some simple instructions I would really appreciate it.
cheers
Mark

Can you describe what you already have in place?

• Asterisk or other IP PBX able to glue webrtc and sip?
  • GDS3710 ?
  • Android tablet (with a recent android version) ?
    Once you have that (and asterisk works for sip to sip phones), you are almost there!
    I’ll detail the various configs later this week-end or the coming week.
    GV

Hi GV,
I really don’t have anything at the moment. I have a firehd8 table with fully kiosk and an old video intercom that I want to replace. I really like all the features of the GDS3710, except the keypad, I would prefer only one button. So currently my options are the GDS3710, or to put a PI3 with camera into my old front panel of the video intercom. I am still looking for other options of intercom door stations that only have a single button.

For a video door bell only, no keypad (I don’t mind having one or not) and no rfid reader (that’s why I chose the GDS), you can go for the doorbird https://www.doorbird.com/downloads/datasheet_d101s_en.pdf
Single button and added bonus has an integration in HA.
As I was already running an ip pbx at home, the setup of the gds was not bothering me either.
I don’t know what kind of integration is possible with the doorbird.
GV

As explained few posts above, I have connected my Grandstream GDS3710 (a SIP enabled video door bell), a tablet running Android (and webrtc), using asterisk in between based on the doordroid.js card made available by @rdehuyss (Thanks a lot!!). I am now able to see and talk to the person ringing on the video door bell and opening the door (if I want to).
I have shared my project here https://community.home-assistant.io/t/sip-doorbell-android-tablet-and-ha-integration/136171?u=greengolfer

GV

2 Likes

Hi,

just wanted to add the ALP 600 as a possible option, as I don’t like the dial pad the GDS has. It always confuses visitors when they see something different than button - name and the ALP look smore like a traditional doorbell :slight_smile:

@greengolfer @Tofandel
guys, you helped me before, a few posts abovne, i posted my system, i have a 2 wire system, so i am stuck there, you told me earlier thats digitally encoded
but…
i have opened my manual for my indoor intercom
see here:

its in dutch, cant find an english manual

but anyway, on that intercom, if you go to page 7 & 8 , section 9.2 and 9.3 , see also screen below
i can attach an extra doorbell and also attach an extra monitor for video …
can i do something with that? can i intercept the bell, when someone actually rings? and also intercept that output of video signal? then send it to a system? i dont think thats digital anymore?
maybe arduino , rpi ?

i think 9.2 , the extra bell, thats easy, its probably just an relay or something, but the video, not sure how i can manage that

I agree the extra door bell should be doable. I am not really knowledgeable in electronics… I understand that somehow, the external bell will receive 12V when someone rings at the door. So, yes, you can probably inject this into a (kind of) relay and do something when 12v is seen. Someone on a French forum I am following use this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32958084322.html?spm=a2g0w.search0104.3.1.1eb8a609YdQAgO&transAbTest=ae803_5&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_2_10065_10068_319_10892_317_10696_453_10084_454_10083_433_10618_431_10304_10307_10820_10821_537_10302_536_10902_10843_10059_10884_10887_100031_321_322_10103%2Csearchweb201603_45%2CppcSwitch_0&algo_pvid=1ed79cd8-9956-4e3b-b198-af5f607934a4&algo_expid=1ed79cd8-9956-4e3b-b198-af5f607934a4-0

The other option would be to use a level shifter to tune down the 12V to 5V and with a wemos detect when 12V (converted to 5v) is on.
Should be possible, but, as I said, no guarantee !!

For the video, it is an analogic one. So you would need a kind of converter such as https://www.amazon.com/ION-Analog-Digital-Converter-Composite/dp/B002MT7JFQ connect the usb in a pc/raspberry and (if you are lucky) you could then integrate that into HA as a webcam.

So, nothing really easy here for both, I am afraid…

HTH

GV

Yes, for the 12v bell, I can use a sonoff maybe, I think those are also 12…

For the video, I googled this one…
Not sure if it’s different then yours, I think I need the correct direction…

Do you think that would also work?

According to the comments on Amazon, some say it works with motioneye, some say it doesn’t… Who to trust with those amazon comments :wink:
Less than 9$ so not a big risk if it doesn’t. Just waste of time.
I guess it is a 50/50 bet. Good luck!
GV

yes, i MotioEye is also available as an addon to Hassio
i runn HassOS on an esxi server, i have passtough an USB port for conbee zigbee stick, that i can configur in the deconz addon
not sure if it will work with this addon, since i cant configure any USB port in the addon config,
in deconz , i can sp
so i need to buy an rasperri or something :slight_smile:

one last obstacle is to have also audio/microphone, i can maybe hook up an microphone/speaker outside, also connected to RPI

It starts looking quite ambitious! I wish you all the best and have fun trying to “glue” all things together :slight_smile:
GV

thnx al lot :slight_smile:

I’ve used DoorPi for a long time, may someone can fetch some ideas of that project:

I was using it to call a specified number that is registered to my Fritzbox as a SIP account, and I was controlling some entities with DTMF Codes. It was secured by the number who is calling (allowed numbers)

hi,
I’ve just stumbled over this conversation. Anyone working on a generic solution to integrate SIP ready devices?

Same here - i have just installed FreePBX (docker) as i’m looking to use it for my doorbell.
Using this intercom doorbell (with SIP)

Right now if someone pushes the doorbell button I could grab the MQTT alert using this and send an actionable alert to phones, or browser_mod.popup to tablets.

Issue is it isnt a ‘call’ and not only would my only option be to maybe open the door, I wouldnt be able to talk back. My thinking is to use a SIP client on my phones and initiate a call when the doorbell is pressed (i could use tasker and MQTT to do the same on the wall tablets) but it would all be easier if there was a SIP or PBX integration of some kind.

SIP Doorbell, android tablet and HA integration or [New Addon] DSS VoIP Notifier: Hassio makes phone calls to you! ☎️ might provide ideas.

1 Like

thanks @nickrout i’ve read through and actually was about to post on the first thread. There is an assumed level of knowledge around SIP/PBX i just dont have so hoping someone can help there. Appreciate the note!

I was also looking at this https://github.com/tommyjlong/doorvivint-card but the complexity seems to come on the return audio. So maybe placing an actual SIP call to a SIP client on the phones and using tasker is the way to go (especially when the endpoints arent all android)