SIP Client

hi,
I’ve just stumbled over this conversation. Anyone working on a generic solution to integrate SIP ready devices?

Same here - i have just installed FreePBX (docker) as i’m looking to use it for my doorbell.
Using this intercom doorbell (with SIP)

Right now if someone pushes the doorbell button I could grab the MQTT alert using this and send an actionable alert to phones, or browser_mod.popup to tablets.

Issue is it isnt a ‘call’ and not only would my only option be to maybe open the door, I wouldnt be able to talk back. My thinking is to use a SIP client on my phones and initiate a call when the doorbell is pressed (i could use tasker and MQTT to do the same on the wall tablets) but it would all be easier if there was a SIP or PBX integration of some kind.

SIP Doorbell, android tablet and HA integration or [New Addon] DSS VoIP Notifier: Hassio makes phone calls to you! ☎️ might provide ideas.

1 Like

thanks @nickrout i’ve read through and actually was about to post on the first thread. There is an assumed level of knowledge around SIP/PBX i just dont have so hoping someone can help there. Appreciate the note!

I was also looking at this https://github.com/tommyjlong/doorvivint-card but the complexity seems to come on the return audio. So maybe placing an actual SIP call to a SIP client on the phones and using tasker is the way to go (especially when the endpoints arent all android)

could be that Use Fritz!Box for outbound Calls and Announce incoming calls are of help as well?

I addition there are, which haven’t been mentioned yet in this thread:

and an example how it it is integrated in Loxone using DoorBirds API is shown in https://www.loxwiki.eu/display/LOX/Doorbird (in German)

If I understand that correctly the only options to integrate SIP-capable intercoms is to follow:

wait for the SIP Client and use

I’m asking as the 7 flat house I live in, what is shared with 6 other parties, will get a new video-intercom.
One of them is already on loxone.com, I’m about to install an open home automation system in our flat, properly HA.
I have just figured out that we have an internet access point in the basement, just next to all other telecom systems. This would enable us to get a house-wide LAN and use a common line for the internet. In addition, I can place my server in our cellar room.
I’m now pushing for a smart system but don’t want to end up with a system what cannot be integrated into e.g. HA.

This is ONE option. Probably not the only one though…

This is a valid option for the SIP server, yes.

No. If your asterisk instance is reachable via the Internet, you could receive the call from your doorbell, even when outside your flat.
However, this implies that you can “register” (in SIP terms) from the outside to your Asterisk on the LAN. In terms of security, it is not ideal. If I was going to do this, I would use an external SIP provider. Your doorbell is registered on asterisk. Asterisk is then registered to an external SIP entity. Your phone, when out of the house, is registered to that same provider and from Asterisk on your LAN you can call your phone, through this 3rd party. This is technically more difficult to setup but much better from a security point of view. My advice, don’t start this first. Do LAN only and then when happy try to do better. But, later :slight_smile:

Yes, these are valid options. Personally I prefer to stay cloud free, so, on-premises option.

If you are looking for a multi tenant option, then the GDS3710 I am using is probably not suitable. It has only one button! If you want the people at the door to call the “right” extension, Doorbird (much more expensive though) has options for that… Look at https://www.doorbird.com/downloads/datasheet_d21dkh_en.pdf

Hope this helps!!

GV

hi @Tofandel @greengolfer , remeber me, you helped me a while ago , see some posts above
i had a 2 wire intercom, so digitally encoded not, possible to connect to sip/pbx/…
my indoor intercom, had an composite out and also possibility to connect an extra chime
so i already have now the video stream and i can intercept a doopress with my esphome for push message

the only thing is missing audio , but i have found this , its a DT171 , i can connect it before my intercom, it has a PBX out connecion… i think i can so something with that
i can configure my intercom, when a doorbell is pressed, that my intercom rings together with a signal on that PBX out , so i might have a solution for audio right?
so what extra hardware do i need? a PBX server? whats cheap solution? and also is it now already possible that HA can behave as a SIP client where this thread is al about?

thnx

Sorry, but, I don’t know. I don’t understand what the DT171 is supposed to do with the information provided by the picture. What is the expected function of this device?

i have found an english version

on my inside intercom, i can configure these 3 options
i need option 3 , so my intercom rings, but also the PBX out is activated on that DT171
but i dont know what it does … isnt it doing somekind of dialing? i need to intercept that ?

Transfermodes
• No transfer:
Calls are not being transferred
• Transfer when absent:
Calls are being transferred if a call is not answered on a monitor within 25 sec.
• Immediately transfer:
Calls are being transferred immediately.

In the pdf: “*This document is an aide for installing. This is not a full manual, when installing please read the Official Installer Guide!”
So, if there is an official guide in English, that’s better :slight_smile:
Here, it doesn’t say much.

i am unable to find it , but basicly its an option kit for my intercom kit
here is something in dutch : http://www.euro-web.be/aW1hZ2VzL2ZpbGVsaWIvRkFDSUxBIElOU1RBTExBVElFSEFORExFSURJTkcgWzEyMjAxNVYxMF0gTkxfMTQzMzkucGRm/download

page 13 is the dt171 , option kit
i think its also somekind of intercom, on the dt171 , i have 2 outputs
first output , is to connect another analogue telephone, so when someone press the doorbell, also the telephone attached rings, as well as my intercoms
the other output, is to connect it to a PBX system => this one is maybe interesting for me to pick it up and do something?

here is an english manual of my intercom, you can see on page 7 and 13 , i can add that extra dt171 PBX module

ok i have found something
seems on my intercom, i can setup forwarding, if enabled/equiped with that DT171 , i can program 3 external telephone numbers to call when no answer or immediate

is this wat you wanted to know?

Hello,
I live in a building with an intercom (Model: Urmet Arco).
Photo is attached:

I want to remove the intercom, and use the place on wall to put an 10’’ android tablet to control HA.
I open my intercom and this is what I found:

So, my intercom have 2 or 4 wires?

Best Regards,
Yuval

I count about 10 wires.

Whats the current state of this project?
In my opinion it would be cool to have full SIP support in HA, ideally no external tools should be needed.
I don’t know much about SIP, WebRTC, Asterisk and all the other tools and technologies involved, so all that I am writing here might be wrong.
But as much as I understand, the full integration would probably include 2 parts:

• A SIP-Integration on the server which is used to connect the SIP Doorbell with the WebRTC-Browser. So it should basically replace an external tool like Asterisk to make the setup easier.
    This way, a SIP Doorbell could become some kind of device in HA and I would probably be able to have multiple Doorbells in HA.
  • A Card to connect to the Doorbell (actually to the server, which connects to the Doorbell) using WebRTC.
    The cars main responsibility is to stream audio and video (2 way) but it should probably offer a way to add components like buttons to open/close the call and optionally to open the door.

I created a SIP client card with sip.js. TECH7Fox/HA-SIP: A SIP client inside home assistant! (github.com)

Its far from done, but its a start.

There’s also a Asterisk add-on preconfigured to work with the card, and a integration is coming that makes sensors for the server, extensions, etc. TECH7Fox/Asterisk-add-on: Asterisk add-on for Home Assistant (github.com)

You can follow the progress in the discord server.

13 Likes

Great job @TECHFox :grinning:

Thanks!

It’s changed quite a lot, with new features like camera entity support, gui config, DTMF’s and more.

There is also a integration in progress that will include sensors for every extension and services to manipulate channels. TECH7Fox/Asterisk-integration: Asterisk integration for Home Assistant (github.com)