SIP Client

Oh ok, too bad :frowning:

This is not an SIP intercom, it’s an analog one, the video feed is sent directly over the wire instead of being connected to ethernet

So yeah that won’t work, you’d need some kind of analog to SIP converter or another doorbell for it to work

Ah so it’s possible with that convertor? Also with video feed? Also possible to hear the persons and open door and stuff like that?

Reading the specs of the intercom you sent I think not, it’s not a 4 wire analog but indeed a 2 wire digital and proprietary interface, so no luck there, it won’t work.

No other choice than changing the doorbell

While currently SIP has no implementation in HA (that’s why there is this thread)

It will be in the near future, and then yes it will be possible to have both way audio and video feeds

For door opening though that’s a bit more complex as there is no specs on the matter, I know some doorbells listen for a DTMF Message on the SIP call (eg: pressing the * or the # on a SIP phone), but not all

SIP DTMF will be supported

The door opening depends on the doorbell system. Mine can do with DTMF, or an API. However, due to wiring issue, in my case the “door opening” is done by a separate entity that has its own API. It means that the open door function will be a buton in the interface doing something.
@Tofandel ideally on the SIP phone interface, I would just need two buttons. Green to answer and Red to end it. I would like to avoid having the digits as a “normal” phone. It should really look like a doorbell system and not a phone :slight_smile:

GV

oh, you gave me hope :frowning: , thats a real bummer
this is the correct intercom i have

on page 7 you can see the wire installation
its indeed 2 wire
why is that not possible and a 4 wire system is ?

I wasn’t planing to have it look like a phone :stuck_out_tongue:
Just an option to configure the door open button with a custom DTMF message or/and to trigger an HA automation

@pergola.fabio It’s because 4 wires are fully analog, meaning each wire correspond to one signal: ground, audio, video, power allowing you to plug the converter I previously sent

On the other hand 2 wires means it’s a serial connection which is digitally encoded, likely manufacturer dependent and that is why the same device doesn’t exist for 2 wires because you wouldn’t be able to decode/encode the signal to communicate with the doorbell

ah ok, thx for the information
gonna send a mail to that factury, maybe they have something like a convertor, or maybe want to share me some more details

thnx again for info

:+1:
3 buttons would be great : answer, reject/hang up for the phone call and one to open the door.

hey, sorry to disturb again
but i may have found something for my entrya system :slight_smile:
https://shop.seculux.be/nl-be/facila-dt161-kit-2x-ip-module-router-104712?print=1
guide : https://shop.seculux.be/content/files/manuals/Entrya/Facila/Fiches/Facila%20DT161%20IP%20(NL%20FR%20EN).pdf

seems to be a kit , to make/connect multiple intercoms to connect on IP, seems its based on SIP
2 nodes with 1 router
SIP is always an open system right? so am i correct if i just buy 1 node, connect that node to a SIP software server like asterisk, that i might be able to go forward? to intercept video , accept call ?

Hmm, I don’t see any mention of SIP for that device.

IP & SIP are different things, IP usually referring to VOIP enabled and SIP being a protocol over VOIP but not all VOIP support SIP

So you’d have to ask the manufacturer if it supports the SIP protocol

However you are correct as in Asterisk can act as a gateway since it supports all VOIP protocols, it should be able to connect to the node and communicate via SIP to the rest
But I cannot confirm as I don’t have enough knowledge in that area

Ok, thnx, I’ll ask…

I see though,that the nodes are only available to configure in 192.168.243.x range… If it’s sip, how I resolve that? My network is different…

My router does support iptv… Do I need to give up 2 ports, one for the node and one for a sip server?.. Or alternatives?

If I am correct, the kit comes with a router that will sit between your door system and your network. So, the routing between the Facila (192.168.243.0/24 network) and yours.

However, the documentation is pretty light. So, I don’t know what this IP interface will give you.

Depending on the price of this gateway and your wiring situation, it might be simpler (and cheaper) to go for a new kit with native SIP capabilities.

GV

it can also bought as ip node seperatly, if it supports SIP, i dont need the whole kit, dont need that router, just 1 node : https://shop.seculux.be/nl-be/facila-dt161-ip-module-104709

maybe the node isnt that expensive … no idea, i dont see prices on that shop :slight_smile:
changing a new, kit, i think thats more expensive, the intercom i have now, was like 700€
i have a outdoor kit, with code keypad so i can open the door and also 2 video intercoms for inside
no idea what a new SIP kit costs, but it will be more expensive i think

The GDS3710 I am using is less than 400 euros. Then, for the screen an android tablet is OK.
So, depending on the extra stuff you will need, it make sense to double check if changing the kit is cheaper or not.
You also need to understand what putting IP on your current doorbell will give you. The documentation doesn’t say that at all.
GV

thx, yeah, gonna wait on some feedback about that ip node

Hi guys, before the hijacking this thread looked very promising :wink:

I have a 2N doorbell I’m happy to beta-test things on, if it can help!

1 Like

Have you seen this : https://community.home-assistant.io/t/wip-doordroid-smart-doorbell-with-lovelace-integration-video-and-2-way-audio-without-cloud/118099 ? Something to share between the two projects?
GV

Maybe a WebRTC client that can talk to a CPaaS provider (Twilio, Nexmo, Apidaze,…) makes more sense? Feels more "web, lightweight & modern) than a full swing SIP stack.

@Tofandel @jiiins
Hello,
Thanks to the information provided in https://community.home-assistant.io/t/wip-doordroid-smart-doorbell-with-lovelace-integration-video-and-2-way-audio-without-cloud/118099 and additional support from @rdehuyss I have something that works !! My GDS 3710 calls my Android tablet and I can talk using webrtc. I am still working on some changes in doordroid.js provided by rdehuyss to improve the card. With my abyssal ignorance of javascript, my “improvements” are very likely offences to true JS developers. However, at least it starts doing what I want to do. I am still working on it but I should be able to post my design in a week or two.
GV