SkyConnect integrates fine in HA but I can't pair any of my ZigBee devices to it

Hello,

I got my SkyConnect yesterday and was excited to use it. I had a Conbee II with ZHA Integration before and so I started to migrate to SkyConnect. It seemed to work at first. After a few Minutes I could already see a few Devices refreshing the Battery info. But as of now there were still a bunch of devices not connecting. I also tried to connect a few completely new devices to it, and this didn’t work either.

At that point I decided to start over. I removed the SkyConnect integration the Multiprotokol (Zigbee, Thread) Add-On, the Thread and Open Border Router Integrations. Flashed the Zigbee Firmware to it. deleted the zigbee.db. Plugged everything back in and restarted HA. SkyConnect was discovered and I configured everything to start new, without any backups. But I still can’t connect any of my Zigbee devices to SkyConnect.

Can someone please help me to get it working?

1 Like

I just found this thread https://community.home-assistant.io/t/skyconnect-not-finding-devices/500682/24 here. Ordered a longer extension cable, will have to see if this helps.

I went through this very conversion this week. Everything went fine, but no devices would respond. I updated the SkyConnect firmware to the latest (via the link from another post on this forum) and then still had to re-pair EVERY of my 42 devices. They remembered names, etc. so I didn’t have to edit any automations, but I did have to touch every device. The new network was a bit flaky first couple days. It seems to be settling down now, with only a couple devices remaining a bit flaky. I’m hopeful it settles soon as my prior Conbee II network was ROCK SOLID and stable.

Just a quick follow-up, today I migrated back to my SkyConnect. Since 2023.5.x, my Aqara devices were AWFUL. Nothing helped, including 2023.5.3. Migration back was PAINLESS and everything is now working well again AND HA interface is much more responsive.