Skyconnect not being detected on home assistant green

hey all I’m brand new to this and have only recently gotten a smart home green to jump in, i have also purchased a skyconnect usb and have been trying to set it up to no use, i have been doing as the instructions say and plugging the usb into the extender and that into the home assistant green but it is not discovering the device when i plug it in? wondering if anyone can help out? (as a side note i know it is connected as i stumbled into seeing it when trying to manually connect a zigbee connector but after a factory reset to make sure everything is as it should be / an attempt to get it detected automatically it refuses to automatically detect the usb device)

edit: also just wanted to throw in a second question not as important as the first but as im new to all of this I’m just wondering if this usb dongle will help connect every zigbee device i get? so i dont have to buy so many different hubs for each zigbee device (i have discovered that tp link compatibility isn’t perfect per say (some of my plugs / devices are not showing) with home assistant i believe, so am returning the smart valves i got from tp link to replace them with these zigbee valves (https://shorturl.at/tyzM7) alongside looking for new smart plugs i believe i may also go for zigbee? (perhaps these? https://shorturl.at/kyTZ6) )

thanks if anyone can help!

Around a month or so ago, a few users began reporting a similar problem and found that the batch of SkyConnects they received were not properly programmed with the correct USB identifiers, so HA didn’t recognize the devices as a SkyConnect. The SkyConnect still works, its just the HA auto-detect did not.

Here is a post of a solution:

Both ZHA and Zigbee2MQTT support a large number of different kinds of Zigbee devices, so much so that people are replacing any hubs they may have hade previously.

1 Like

unfortunately there is still no auto detection nor any multi thread option in the hardware menu :frowning:

Does anyone have an update on this? I recently got a HA Green and Skyconnect. It’s a brand-new install of HA, and Skyconnect is not detected in discovered devices. The Skyconnect S/N is 242303.

Thank you so much for this, to whom ever found this out :slight_smile:

This worked as a charm! My setup is running HAOS and Proxmox and SkyConnect were there but not detected.