Slider control on tiles for Dimmable lights

You can do this using acustom state card UI

This is what I have set in my configuration.

customize_glob:
    "light.*":
      custom_ui_state_card: custom_light
      state_card_mode: single-line
      slider_theme:
        min: 10
        max: 255
        pin: true
        off_when_min: false
        report_when_not_changed: false

This is my homepage

4 Likes

Looks good, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Do you of any way to get this to work with groups of lights? I tried to do so, but didn’t get what I was expecting. Might have to check out the custom_light html to see how to do a similar custom_group

It should work with a light group. I use Hue groups, so I haven’t tested.

Does this require any additional setup? Do i need to add additional files somewhere or is this already a built in option?

1 Like

Custom state card need more than the config entries.

If you add:

customize_glob:
    "light.*":
      slider_theme:

All of your light controls disappear.

I found the answer here.
You need to copy those files to ~/.homeassistant/www/custom_ui.

Then you have customizable sliders!!

Thank you, @LookItsOps !!

Edit: Bummer it doesn’t work on iOS yet.

2 Likes

Hmm, thats a shame. I use android myself but I wonder what it looks like on iOS for when other people may visit. If its still just like a normal switch I can live with that but if it doesn’t load at all that would be a no go…

I still think it’s worth addressing the webkit rendering issues and folding this as a customization option in the product.

It’s 90% of the way there now.

1 Like

Hi I can’t make it work, my card looks like this:

my conf. looks like
> customize_glob:

"light.*":
      slider_theme:

(with the correct formating, I cant make it preformatting text work)

I don’t see any errors in my log, and I but the two files in my: homepi\homeassistant.homeassistant\www\custom_ui:

Hi,
I think this would be very useful for a lot of people.
I’m running Home Assistant 0.59.2 and when I use the customize_glob: code offered above, I get the blank light control Bernard describes above.
Is there an add-on repository for this ? Though I would prefer this to be a standard part of the set-up so that it is as integrated ans supported as much of the rest of the kit
Anyone any ideas on the status of this ?
Thanks
Mutt

This has been working well for me for quite a while. All the information on installing and using it is at the github repo.

Riseup,
Thanks for the quick response, I’ve read through the github resources you linked and everything seems to be in place. I’ll give it a go this weekend. Just a couple of questions though.

1. The required version levels are consistent with hassio (I have just started with hassio, 3 weeks) but then maybe they number hassbian updates the same way to maintain feature parity. Can you confirm that you run this with hassio ? (The script, curl and directory usage don’t look like hassio) .
  2. What happens on updates ? Do you need to run the update bash script again, look for any breaking changes, update those files manually z and than all its good to go ?
  3. Do you know if they are looking to move this into the main core at all, and if so on what timescale ?

Apologies if these are newbie questions but then I am one : - )
Thanks for your time
Mutt

1. Not sure what do you mean by hassio version. There is hassio supervisor which updates independently and you shouldn’t care which version is it. Otherwise Hassio version is Home Assistant version.

2. Generally you don’t have to run update.sh when you upgrade Home Assistant. Unless there was a breaking change - then CustomUI will have anew version available a few days in advance. In any case before updating CustomUI you should read the changelog for breaking changes.

3. Most of the features will never move to core. That said, if some feature is extremely popular - core maintainer might consider it.

andrey,
Sorry, I obviously was not clear.
I assume that the hassbian version of HA is different from the hass.io version merely given the non-synchronicity on the release dates. And although the developers try their best to ensure mirror like duplication of look, feel and functionality, there are elements you can install in parallel on the hassbian version which extend or overlap certain functions. And given the VERY steep learning curve (I started 20171104) I want to get as much functionality for as little effort as I can (hence hass.io). I have only bought a Z-Stick and a light dimmer and plan to solve as many of my perceived issues in advance of spending more (and then maybe giving up). Which would cost a LOT (considering 22 light dimmers, 13 radiator controllers and a override-able boiler switch - so about £1,400) so on fuel/electricity savings, about a 14 year payback -So would HAVE to have significant user benefits. And if those come at departing mainstream development then I prepared to do that, but if that breaks mainstream benefits, I would have to reconsider.
In short, thanks for clarifying.
Mutt

For a bit more clarification if needed:

1. Yes, I run this with hassio.
  2. Whenever a new version of CustomUI is released, I read through its changelog for the breaking changes and run the update.sh script again. It’s relatively simple, really. The biggest issue I’ve come across is dealing with Chrome’s cache, but we can cross that bridge if and when we come to it.
  3. What andrey said. :grinning:

Hello, is it possible to exclude entity_id from the customize_glob?

I have hue lamps and power switchs recognized in lamp and i would like to disable the slider for them.

I hope it’s possible some how but i can’t find the info.

Thanks

Can you post your customize_glob here so we can help you with it?

Well since then i reverted the problem i founded the solution by enabling custom ui for each lamp i wanted the extra slider to appear.

Here is expemple for light.spot:

light.spot_*:
  custom_ui_state_card: state-card-custom-ui
  slider_theme:
    min: 0

It’s a lot of lines with all my lamp but it’s the best i founded/

Thanks