SlimmeLezer - Can't get it to work with the energy dashboard

Yesterday I installed my SlimmeLezer module on my network, that works fine.
I have installed the ESPHome dashboard in HA. Adjusted the yaml file and in the logfile I can see that data is received.
I also installed the ESPHome integration in HA. There are now 29 entities in the integration, so that also looks fine.
Only thing is that the entities are not available in the energy dashboard…
Am I missing something?

Having the same issue, the new entities are not available in the Energy configuration

+1, I think it has something to do with long term statistics missing for the sensors to be honest. Just brainstorming, we might need to create our own long term sensor that adds the low and high tarrif usage since the slimmelezer does not have a combined sensor for these two.

And another +1

The docs state that the state_class must be measurement or total_increasing and in the states tab of the developer tools they have state_class measurement. I have noticed that only my fibaro zwave devices show and they all have state_class total_increasing.

Maybe check this thread: Slimmelezer - unexpected state class

It looks like it might have something to do with the 2021.9 release.

Found the solution: take the yaml file off of Marcel Zuidwijks github:

Don’t forget to create a secrets.yaml file with your wifi credentials. Send the new config to your device.

I used the command line tool for this: esphome run slimmelezer.yaml --device 192.xxx.x.xxx

1 Like

How would that help ? I see all the new entities, they’re just not available in the Energy config.

This new yaml file will change the state_class of all the entities from measurement to total_increasing. This is required for the energy dashboard in version 2021.9.x. After updating the ESPhome firmware on my slimmelezer the energy config found all the entities just fine.

3 Likes

solved it by installing ESP-link on the Slimmelezer and used the DSMR-reader integration in HA.
This option works for me.
Thanks for all reactions.