Slow state updates from EcoBee

dgHA…can you explain how you got Homekit Controller to see ecobee? I don’t have a pairing code. What did you use for code or where do I find it? Thanks

Can you tell me how you connected the 1PM to the blower? Was it to the DC side or the AC side?
I am blowing HVAC fuses, not sure where I should tap in and what terminals to use?

Thanks in advance.

I just wired it into the ac side. It’s not good to use them to switch motors but I don’t ever switch mine off just use it for monitoring power consumption. Guess you could use a shelly em as well. Mine has been working for for 3 years.

1 Like

I faced this issue on 3 minute response times for ecobee attributes to update. I was building an automation where my humidifier (not connected to Ecobee) would turn off when the furnace fan turned off. Tried the Homekit route and still experienced the same delays.

My solution: when turning the humidifier on, I can live with the delay ~3 mins. For turning it off, the delay was more concerning and I would rather have the humidifier turn off before the furnace turned off than waiting 3 mins after the furnace turned off. So I set up a sensor to calculate the % of my actual temperature vs desired set temperature. If the value of this sensor was higher than 99.9% then that meant, the furnace is close to achieving it’s target temperature and thus is about to turn the fan off soon. At that point, the automation would turn the humidifier off. The temperature reading is still subject to the same delay but given I was okay with the humidifier turning off earlier, this worked for me.