Slow / Unusable Performance on Raspberry Pi

I have Home Assistant running on a RPI4 - 1gb in an Argon case with an SSD. This is all part on a migration from Smartthings. Overall things were going fine and then I started to have random slow downs. They have been becoming more frequent and make home assistant unusable. Examples are it takes many minutes to enter settings or load the logs, i cant get the supervisor log to load at all. This also is not all the time and sometimes things seem normal. I have also noticed that when things are slow Observer says its unsupport and unhealty.

Config:
-Home Assistant - Most current version running Hass OS
-Add ons - ArgonOne Active Cooling, Cloudflared, File editor, glances, home assistant google drive backup, SSH, Studio code server, Z-wave JS (50 devices)
-HASC - pyscript, Sengled Bulb Integration

Things I have tried (none of which have made a difference)
-Deleted database
-core check - completed as done but said: “context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers”
-core rebuild - completed as done but said: “context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers”
-Glances show IOwait high but nothing else insane (screenshot attached)

What else can I try?

The iowait is off the planet and probably causing the load average to be insanely high (52.8!).

I suspect an issue with your SSD. Running dmesg should give some clues.

1 Like

Output from dmesg from HassIO (port 22222) posted here:

Appreciate the help

Log posted:

Note - This is 12 hrs of log and its 370mb…seems really big is that normal?

This appears to have fixed it:

Things are going good for the last hr, iowait is also close to 0% constantly.

1 Like