SMA Solar Integration

I think there were some changes in the integration, and some of the working sensors were hidden or deactivated. I checked that and now I can see the consumption of my house correctly.

1 Like

Keen to find out as well as i am currently getting the same issue
unable to login as installer or user via HA 2021.8.6 but logging in fine via web interface to the sonnyboy

i had the same problem. I had to check out which configuration (check or uncheck) of both ‘uses an SSL certifcate’ and ‘verify SSL certificate’ was working. This assumes the use of the SMA Solar integration.

Frank

i use Home Assistant 2021.9.7 with HA OS on Raspi 4

I have STP 7000TL-20 and contacted SMA and got this response:

This model of inverter does not have an interface through the WEBUI which is accessed through the IP in the browser, but this is only for models ending in -40 or -41.

Are you having the same problem or did you solve this? If so, do you remember how you solved this? I’m using the modbus solution now, but can’t seem to get the sensor sma.daily_yield working in the Energy screen. Using the sma.power now but still getting negative values :frowning:

Hello Ben,

I have been able to solve parts of my problems.I have added two devices as SMA Solar integrations (Energy Meter and Storage Boy). As I said above, you just have to see which selection point has to be active.

An old inverter I can only partially read out via the Scrape command (Scrape sensor for SMA Sunny Portal - #18 by tropfen) from the sunnyportal.

What I am missing is access to the SMA Home Manager 2.0, which is unfortunately not included in the SMA Solar Integration.

Frank

Hello Ben,

what SMA entity you are looking at (inverter name + Version)? Have you tested the 4 possible derivations of the check boxes in the SMA Solar integration set up?

Is there a reason why you are using the 2021.8.8 version?

Frank

have you seen this thread?

I got my SMA invertor and home manager 2 connected from there. The only issue I have is that I cant see any of the data in the new energy screen.

Hello JerryCih

In order to integrate devices into the energy area, they require special properties. For example these

device_class: energy
    state_class: total_increasing  

Here, either the current entities must be assigned this property or the existing values must be assigned to newly created ones that have these properties.

My inverter in > 10 years old (SMA Sunny Boy 2500HF-30). No access via Modbus etc…

Frank

Hello JerryCih,

you say you have access via Modbus to the SMA Home Manager 2.0. How did you achieve this? I don’t even have access to the device via the web.

Frank

I followed chris_ka tutorial and it works (its not modbus)

As for the energy area, I know that they require something but I have no idea how to do that, Im not a coder, Im a follower :slight_smile:
I use the power wheel from HACS to see my power distrubution.

Hi Frank,

The SMA inverter I have is a SUNNY TRIPOWER 4.0 (firmware 3.10.10.R) and I’m running HA version 2021.10.0 on a pi with HA OS but the problem not being able to login using the SMA Solar integration still exists.

The modbus workaround works partially but when i create a sensor integration for the Energy tab the sma_power still is showing negative values:

sensor 3:
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.sma_power
    method: left
    name: energy_sun
    unit_prefix: k
    round: 2

even with this template:

- name: "sma_power_template"
      unit_of_measurement: "power"
      state: "{% if states('sensor.sma_power') is not none %}
                 {% if states('sensor.sma_power') | int < 0 %}
                    {{ 0 }}
                 {% else %}
                    {{ states('sensor.sma_power') | int }}
                 {% endif %}
               {% else %}
                 {{ 'error' }}
               {% endif %}"
      attributes:         
          last_reset: '1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00'

Hello Ben
Have you tried the group ‘user’?
Frank

funny numbers like yours are usually a result of a wrong way to assign variables. So e.g. integer instead of floating number. But I am not a programmer in HA. I only know this from my programming work in climate research.

No idea if this can be a problem here too.
Frank

Yes, same result :frowning:

The strange thin is that the entity sma_power works fine in another card, just not in the Energy tab

This can be fixed by adding sensors like this:

sensor 3:
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.sma_power
    method: left
    name: energy_sun
    unit_prefix: k
    round: 2

except for the negative value in my case…

Hello Ben,

One question: you can connect to the inverter via SMA Solar Integration?
If so what entities are visible at Configuration - Entities - Search: SMA Solar? Which values / units are there?

Frank

Hello Frank,

No, tried every option to connect locally but since an update this summer the SMA Solar integration is not working anymore (user, installer, SSL on/off etc, nothing works) so currently only the modbus workaround is an sort of an option for me at this moment. As said with this the sma_power entity works well on a card, but not on the energy screen. I created a sensor interation for sma_power but this one shows negative values

1 Like

Hi all, I noticed my sensor.daily_yield is not the same as the sunny portal shows as the yield of the day. Also, there is an entity “total_yield” and “pv_gen_meter”, that are almost the same and I think are meant as the same numbers. Anyone can tell me more about it?