SMA Solar Integration

Hi everyone,
i got my sunnyboy and the meter installed today.

Like my daikin AC i installed few day ago also the SMA integration doesn’t work.

I tried to use the integration like:

• Host: the local ip address of my sunnyboy
    no ssl flags
  • Group: user
    Password: mypassword.

“unknown error occurred”
I tried to update the firmware but i have the same issue.
Someuone fixed it?

Thankyou!
Marco

I had to use modbus for monitoring, but have you logged in as “installer” and enabled the web stuff?

Hi,
till now no issues.
I have:

• original integration SMA
  • modbus integration
  • SMA Meter custom addon.

With the latest release i have grid consumption sensor not working so restored the snapshot.

What data did you use to get the original SMA integration working?
If I try to connect to the host I always get the message that it could not connect…

I am using the ip address of the inverter and the installator profile.

Update incl config
I used the now the SMA integration for TRE and SBS

Hi everyone,
I updated to 7.7 and the SMA integration loses the house consumption sensor that gain values from the meter…
Moreover the modbus integration shows “unknown”for the sensors…
Someone the same problem?
Thanks

Apparently I had to not use SSL, now works!

Hello I tried to update to core-2021.8.6 and now the integration stopped working
SMA Solar - Home Assistant.
If I try to reinstall it with the link it fails, manual search shows it has dissappeared from the intergrations … So does this mean I will have to stay in my current core-2021.4.6 ?? Any advice welcome …

Need help, running HA 2021.8.6, untill now I didnt use the SMA solar integration and was getting my data from invertor and home manager via node red. Wanted to try the energy tab but my sensors arent showing in the preselect menu. I cant connect to my invertor using the SMA integration, always unexpected error. Using installer login, no SSL. I know some of you had the same problem, how did you resolve it? Thank you

1 Like

Anyone found a solution for conneccting the local SMA inverter to HA? It was working fine earlier (before 8.6 i believe) over http… Now again updated to 2021.8.8 but still not able to connect. Connecting to the SMA inverter over http with a browser still works fine.

Same here…Unknown error

Logger: homeassistant.components.sma.config_flow
Source: components/sma/config_flow.py:39
Integration: SMA Solar (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 5:41:16 PM (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:46:02 PM

Unexpected exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sma/config_flow.py", line 76, in async_step_user
    device_info = await validate_input(self.hass, user_input)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/sma/config_flow.py", line 39, in validate_input
    await sma.new_session()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pysma/__init__.py", line 247, in new_session
    body = await self._post_json(URL_LOGIN, self._new_session_data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pysma/__init__.py", line 177, in _post_json
    return await self._request_json(hdrs.METH_POST, url, **params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pysma/__init__.py", line 118, in _request_json
    async with self._aio_session.request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 1117, in __aenter__
    self._resp = await self._coro
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 619, in _request
    break
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/helpers.py", line 656, in __exit__
    raise asyncio.TimeoutError from None
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

I think there were some changes in the integration, and some of the working sensors were hidden or deactivated. I checked that and now I can see the consumption of my house correctly.

1 Like

Keen to find out as well as i am currently getting the same issue
unable to login as installer or user via HA 2021.8.6 but logging in fine via web interface to the sonnyboy

i had the same problem. I had to check out which configuration (check or uncheck) of both ‘uses an SSL certifcate’ and ‘verify SSL certificate’ was working. This assumes the use of the SMA Solar integration.

Frank

i use Home Assistant 2021.9.7 with HA OS on Raspi 4

I have STP 7000TL-20 and contacted SMA and got this response:

This model of inverter does not have an interface through the WEBUI which is accessed through the IP in the browser, but this is only for models ending in -40 or -41.

Are you having the same problem or did you solve this? If so, do you remember how you solved this? I’m using the modbus solution now, but can’t seem to get the sensor sma.daily_yield working in the Energy screen. Using the sma.power now but still getting negative values :frowning:

Hello Ben,

I have been able to solve parts of my problems.I have added two devices as SMA Solar integrations (Energy Meter and Storage Boy). As I said above, you just have to see which selection point has to be active.

An old inverter I can only partially read out via the Scrape command (Scrape sensor for SMA Sunny Portal - #18 by tropfen) from the sunnyportal.

What I am missing is access to the SMA Home Manager 2.0, which is unfortunately not included in the SMA Solar Integration.

Frank

Hello Ben,

what SMA entity you are looking at (inverter name + Version)? Have you tested the 4 possible derivations of the check boxes in the SMA Solar integration set up?

Is there a reason why you are using the 2021.8.8 version?

Frank

have you seen this thread?

I got my SMA invertor and home manager 2 connected from there. The only issue I have is that I cant see any of the data in the new energy screen.