Smart Alarm System with HA integration

Or you can keep both. I went for the konnected interface that connects to the existing alarm system (without taking it out) and just allows monitoring and operating from HA.
If you take out the alarm system I’m not sure if for insurance purposes a bunch of sensors and konnected is enough to cover you legally, depends on the country I’m sure

In most places there would be no insurance benefits for an unmonitored alarm system, but do check with local agencies.
Some insurance companies will give a discount on a professionally monitored system.

[sd_dracula] Was curious how you incorporated your existing wired alarm contacts? I have 16 Wired contacts door, window, motion and heat! Have tried using the onboard I/O on the Pi but seems to be very unreliable. Looking for a hard wired solution, Thanks

2 Konnected boards, I think they’re about to release a new version soon

1 Like

And in such case what can you do with the HA? Can you also turn it on or off etc? Can you reset the alarm in case you are sure it is false one (e.g. after checking on a camera)?

Yes all of that as long as your alarm is compatible with those features

Can I configure Konnected as alarm_control_panel entity? I could only find adding sensors and switches but not sure how I can interface with it in Home Assistant e.g. to provide security code to arm/disarm.

It might but you basically have a toggle switch for alarm on/off (simple relay switch really) so you can then set up a script/automation that when you enter the correct alarm code it will toggle the alarm on/off

1 Like

OK, makes sense. Will play with it once the v2 Konnected arrive