Smart deadbolts, the Australian edition

I changed the batteries in my Tradfri 2-button switches and it took 3 days for the level to update in HA.
The Aqara temperature/humidity sensors are also strange - on battery change they go high, then a few days later drop to 50-60% and stay there for months.
Perhaps the Assure is similar in reporting or maybe it’s just peculiar to HA.

Yeah okay. Hopefully it does come good again. I wonder if it needs a voltage drop to report the new charge state, and new batteries are holding it for a little while.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at my locks and they seem to self-regulate a bit - the lock furthers from the repeater updates battery about every 8 hours whereas the one closest to the repeater is about 3 hours. Also seems to update on every operation (manual or auto) which makes sense.

And there we go. 2 hours ago it changed from 14 to 100%

3 Likes

Has anyone managed to get the Gainsborough freestyle working with HA?

I’ve installed the wifi bridge but can’t any integration…

Thanks!

Looks like a TTLock Unit.

This thread might help? TTLOCK Integration with HA - #4 by xbecomingx

Can anyone recommend a smart lock for a sliding door that would integrate with HA and HomeKit (just home kit would be enough though)? The door width is about 20mm only, and it is a glass door with aluminium frame. Very similar to security/fly screen door, i.e. pretty narrow edge. The door is on the backyard which provide access to the house from the garage, so pretty much main door.

One option if found is Yale Unity Security Screen Door Lock.

It looks like it should fit, though I couldn’t find detailed enough diagrams. The main concern is the depth of the mortice mechanism that goes inside the door. This one has HomeKit support which is kind of enough for me, even if it doesn’t support HomeKey, but sadly no fingerprint scanner. Not ideal as the whole family will need something to open it all the time. Carrying an nfc card is not an option (might as well carry a mechanical key) and it won’t help if a kid gets locked out outside. I can use Siri or HA/Homekit automations to unlock it on a normal day but most likely will need the optional keypad as a backup. Could be a viable but not a perfect option.

I can see a bunch of less known brands and sellers online that DO have fingerprint scanners and look like a better fit for sliding door like

but seems like they likely don’t support any integrations apart from their own silly apps and is is unclear whether that’d work on a thin door like mine.
Any feedback on Yale security door lock or other suggestions would be much appreciated.

did you look at lockly? they just emailed me today saying it should integrate with HA in Q1 of 2024.(available at bunnings) im going to need to solve for this too mid next year

Thanks for that. I did look at Athena, but apart from questionable integration with HomeKit it also needs a much thicker door, most sliding doors will be ~20mm
LOCKLY GUARD™ ATHENA (228SL) Slide Edition - Lockly

• Door thickness: 35-65mm

wow that is a thin sliding door. i’m going to make sure mine are wider. thanks for that info.

Regarding lockly - they have a great range in Australia. id recommend everyone on this thread interested in good locks to message them asking when HA integration will come. It’s suprising they are saying it will take til Q1 2024.

Looking for advice from the experienced on a fire rated smart lock with good HA integration - for my unit. Needs stata committee approval. Ideally would have a physical key as backup but that’s not a deal breaker. My HA has zigbee, thread/matter, wifi and bluetooth (ie no Z-wave).

From my initial research, the Yale Unity Entrance seems OK Yale Unity Entrance Lock Fire Rated | Yale. No physical key but I believe a 9 V battery can be used to wake it up if it goes flat. I understand that it can integrate with HA, via a Yale Connect Bridge and the August integration.

I came across a new one at bunnings the other day, marketed as grid connect, does anyone know if this works with hassio ?
https://www.bunnings.com.au/gainsborough-liberty-smart-entrance-lock_p0526040

Also on the cheaper front there is this one, also grid connect
https://www.bunnings.com.au/orion-grid-connect-smart-wi-fi-entrance-lock_p0330511

It looks like the Orion was added to tuya-local with some success I think

I’m on a roll
Also this is grid connect (need mortice for internal garage door)
https://www.bunnings.com.au/lemaar-black-rectangle-fingerprint-entry-smart-lock_p0390460

So Orion + lemaar looking good (even if stuck using tuya/grid connect apps)

Edit:
This one looks better, incorporates a doorbell into the lock
https://www.amazon.com.au/Eufy-Security-Video-Smart-Black/dp/B0BQNDQX2J

Trying to see if it can be added to hassio/blue iris

1 Like

Has anyone tried these locks at all? My mate has a Yale security screen smart lock (from Bunnings) but he has has issues with it and the reviews on Bunnings aren’t good either.

Given that it has Bluetooth I’d hope that HA would pick it up and work… it’s an expensive gamble though. I like that it can be used on sliding or swing doors since I would want one of each.

There’s also this one.

I’ve been using a Yale Assure SL (YRD226/246) with the Zigbee module for years. Hasn’t skipped a beat.

1 Like

Hi All,
Has anyone integrated the Yale Smart Mortise Lock YDM7220 into home assistant? It looks to be pretty new to the market - seems like it was released mid 2023.

I’m in the market to replace a mechanical mortise lock and there are not many options for a smart version. Thanks

Haven’t used the ones you linked but have installed the Yale Unity Security door lock. So far it’s been ok. I’ve integrated it into HA. Just need to add an esphome Bluetooth proxy closer to the door to improve reliability of the connection as my only esp32 is about 10 metres away and through a wall.

Got anymore info on how you did this?

Hey do you still have this lock integrated in HA?